Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself, d-series.org nor Underground Imports take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: Convert Stock eg5 Corners to psuedo JDM Amber Corners

Time: 30min plus drying time

Required:
- Phillips Screw Driver
- Stained Glass Window spray(amber)
- Metho and rag

Info: Ok amber corners arent that everywhere here like in the US, ive seen like only a handful of them here on egs. Basically u cant just walk into any store and buy amber corners so i thought, fuck paying for them and shipping them here and then they will prolly leak, ill just spray my stock ones, this is how it went. Easy as and saved me money and hassle!!
Big thanks to my girlfriend Rachel for taking the pics!!!

Step 1:
Ok take ur stock corners out, pop ur hood, and remove the screw holding the corner to the car.

Step 2:
Carefully slide out, dont break and clips!!

Step 3:
Ok disconnect the power for the bulb and set that corner free.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Step 4:
Ok now ur corners r out give them a good clean with some metho and a rag and let them dry. You are now ready to spray.

Step 5:
Ok found that spraying this shit was totaly different to paint!! fucked up so bad lol but u just have to go slow and take ur time, u need a couple of coats to get them real amber.

first coat:

Step 6:
Once your happy with the shade of amber you have, let them dry and then reinstall.

DONE!! here r some finished pics. They look good, u can only really tell they arent bought ones up close, but my corners where chipped and generally looking crap so was happy with the results and i know these ones wont leak!! :TU:

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
^^^ 2nd that, all my old stuff that I thought was cool, I've decided on keeping........

Good write up (YET AGAIN) trav.....

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
thats some pimp shit right there, next thing you know trav will be eatin fish and grits off his valve cover!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts