Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
mrnicolas said:
I would love to have one of these on my car. I saw a video of how much the firewall flexes under hard braking. These really do help out. Unfortunately I can not use one because my supercharger nose pulley sits right about where I could mount one of these. I might try something similar if I feel creative.
you might wanna try an adjustable porportining valve :beer:

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
icarusdown said:
...I looked at the prices on those manufactured units... $80-$110 for a little metal bracket? :shocked:

-ic
welcome to the wonderful wacky ridiculous world of aftermarket performance parts :TU:

it took me too many years to realize that many companies sell hype and marketting before they sell an actual honest to goodness PERFORMANCE item. i bought into the whole "i need XYZ part because its a good company so it must make power and must be useful". just read up on posts ive made in the past :p

way to go on the DIY trav. ive heard opinion on both sides of the MC braces and im not sure if i would get one (i dont like drilling holes into the sheetmetal if i dont have to) but if it works for you then props.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
yeah thansk guys, im still working on my brace, i think i might fit one to my mates crx and see what he thinks.

also cliff man, how big is that? 1/4 inch? i have 1/2 rod atm and the whole point of mine is to make it stronger then the others on teh market, and of coarse aussie made, the cusco one looks weak as piss coz its thin etc etc but it pretty sturdy man, i hope u are make you FO YO SELF ;)

more pics soon, geezers ;)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
the only thing I wunder about...
those manufactured pieces are pretty solid looking pieces of metal.
They look much sturdier than a simple L-brace, even if it is thick.
If it can flex the firewall, it seems that the brace would have to be pretty solid to stop that kind of motion...
I still want to try and build one myself.
Let us know how it works! :TU:

-ic

B

·
0 Posts
guys 1/2" hardware is a bit of over kill. reference some of the hardware in your car, the only bolts that are near that size are, tranny,motormount,subframe...etc. Check out how small the bolts are that hold your master cylinder to the firewall, or even the ones that hold you seat down. The brace is just there to absorb a small fraction of movement not hold the car together, hence you can get away with a 12mm or 3/16 size bolt. just my .02

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
i finished it and fitted it, the rbace i mean.

and what a cunt! what a fucking cunt!!

took me like 2 fucking hours!! i had to:

jack it up
take wheel off
take strut out
take intake off
take out strut tower bar
move wiring harness.

what a cunt.

anyways its on and it better do something or ill crack the shits, im goin for a drive soon.

check pics:

tight as a nun cunt in there:

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
screw this...........you know if trav says it's a cunt to do, then you KNOW by the amount of stuff he's done to his car, that I see as harder, that it's a CUNT job to do.

pass..........lol..............still gave you rep though..........lol.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
yeah i did feel a difference, not as much as expected.

it make the pedal feed back harsher, i really think i need a wheel alignment now tho, fuck that brace, my back was seriously fucked up lst night, never been so bad, i had like a pack on it and some cream stuff....

this diy macgyver got owned :lol:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
ryan89crx said:
so was it a good feedback from the pedal, or a negative one?

sorry about your back bro!!
man my backs gettin better now...

but welll i got LOTSA feedback, i guess its good, coz u can sorta 'feel' more though pedal, dunno man, i wouldnt pay a heap for a brace but if can make on and afford a day in bed id do it again :lol:

21 - 40 of 51 Posts