Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok after rootin around in the workshop and doin some research i have designed and manafactured a Brake Master Cyliner Brace for my RHD eg.

here r some designs i found:

i made mine out of 1/2 inch threaded rod and 1/2 inch right angle, super heavy shit but i know it wont flew like some of the wimpy aluminum variations. This isnt a DIY coz i have a RHD and i found out there is no way a LHD brace will fit, i have to drill holes to fit it, u lucky LHD mofos have oem holes to mount it. so anyways, check my shit out. i have made one at this stage.

from this:

to this:

and a couple of test fits:

ok last night when i got home i thought of another variation of the design, makin it a lil better, but i am yet to try it out. this is my first prototype and i havent filed it or anything, i will prolly paint it blah blah. this it what i have now, i might write a DIY on how to fit it soon, but i need some1 to help and take photos but it involves moving brackets and drilling holes. to tighten just hold the inside nut with a spanner and du up the rod. simple.
im gonna do some market research, some more testing and R+D and hopefully take it from there.

what do u guys think?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
more awesome shit from the lab down under.
You should try and produce those if you come up with a nice unit.

what's it do anyway?

-ic

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
icarusdown said:
more awesome shit from the lab down under.
You should try and produce those if you come up with a nice unit.

what's it do anyway?

-ic
thanks man, prolly will, my mates all want one, ill charge em 30 or something lol.

but basically it reduces/stops the flex of the firewall when under load ie. braking hard. just increase the 'feel' of the brake pedal, not for ricers lol but i have never used one so when the protoype is done ill test it out.

some ppl swear by em some ppl hate em but MOST ppl say for the right price they are worth it :TU:

ill hopefully get this one all 'dolled up' this arvo.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cryz2 said:
what about off the top of the strut , use the bolts do a 90` droop 2" strate them a 90` with the studding rod thought it ????
yeah i thought bout that but i sorta wanted to have a simlir design to the other ones and also ppl with thick as fuck strut bars might not have enought room on the top of the strut.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I might try and make my own for my LHD crx. I looked at the prices on those manufactured units... $80-$110 for a little metal bracket? :shocked:

-ic

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
I would love to have one of these on my car. I saw a video of how much the firewall flexes under hard braking. These really do help out. Unfortunately I can not use one because my supercharger nose pulley sits right about where I could mount one of these. I might try something similar if I feel creative.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mrnicolas said:
I would love to have one of these on my car. I saw a video of how much the firewall flexes under hard braking. These really do help out. Unfortunately I can not use one because my supercharger nose pulley sits right about where I could mount one of these. I might try something similar if I feel creative.
poor you, supercharger :haha: ;)

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok guys i have done some more work on my brace prototype.

cleaned it all up, extended the threaded rod 10mm, look better, i just need some new nuts and washers coz these ones look ghetto but u get the idea.
i also faced of the rod to a small point at the bmc end to fit better.

all u have to do now is finish painting it and drill mounting holes.

look:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts