Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself, d-series.org nor Underground Imports take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: To change clutch fluid on my eg5 HB.

Time: 10min

Required:
- 8mm Ring Spanner/Ratchet
- Bleeder Tool
- DOT 4 Fluid
- Old Fluid Container

Info:
Um this much be the easiest fluid change to do on your car, yes even easier than the window washer fluid LOL. give it a go, u car actually might need it doin. well mine does, been at LEAST 90 000ks on same fluid!

Step 1:
Ok pop bonnet. Take off Clutch fluid resevoir and feast and the soya sauce that is ur clutch fluid!!! lol Then remove the lil bleed nipple cover, and attatch bleeding tool line. (located near ur exhaust mani btw)

Step 2:
OK heres the tricky bit lol, undo bleed nipple and start pumping! make sure the resevoir doesnt get to low as to let air into the system, keep topping it up. Keep pumping until the resevoir is cleaner and all bubbles and contaminants are out of the system and in your container.

Step 3:
Ok tighten nipple, remove bottle of poop, reinstall cover. Wipe under the resevoir cap and reinstall. now jump in your car and check the pedal is firm.

Your done.

Here is what came out of my car.

ok the point of this is relatively small but its does get rid of any air, contaminants and moisture. I found my pedal slightly firmer, i havent driven it yet but i imagine not much of a differnce in performance BUT least i know now its changed and it give me peace of mind, which is justificatione enough for me.

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
Very nice Trav, but what is La?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
just an addition... use clutch fluid that hasn't been opened. That stuff tends to absorb water so a new bottle would be nice. Keep the old stuff around to top it off...

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Nice write up trav..........when ppl don't change the fluid, they wonder why the inside of the pipes get corroded from all the shit inside..........:TU:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
where do I buy clutch fluid?????? (brake fluid!)

BTW, there is such a item as muffler bearings.

Toyota's had them!

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Just to show you what came out of mine.....

I also think that my clutch is on it's way out anyway........still mildly crunchy when going into gears.

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
I've got about 10 000kms on that last brake fluid............basically since I swapped from auto. The DYI reminded me actually....lol............

one thing you should add when pumping brakes.....the last pump, pedal should be flat down, close off the nipple up front and then lift the pedal up. Lifting the pedal up before closing off the nipple let's some air in.

My clutch is much better, but still not the way it should be.........I blame it on some serious launches on a 2nd hand clutch..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts