Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself, d-series.org nor Underground Imports take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: To fit a Carbon Fibre Js Racing intake to my eg5 HB.

Time: 1hr or less

Required:
- 10mm Ring Spanner/Ratchet
- Standard Screw driver
- Phillips Screw Driver
- Js Intake
- 1 Nut/bolt/washer

Info:
Yo with much who har and what not around this intake i took it upon my self to get one in and fit it, simple to do, here is my guide, pretty easy too.

Step 1:
Ok pop your bonnet so we can romove ur existing intake. Min happened to be a sexy JDM eg6 SIR stock box and pipe, i shed a tear. Simply remove all teh hoses hangin off it, remove the clamp on the throttle body and also teh 3 10mm bolts holding the box to the body.

should look like this when its all gone:

jdm vs js:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Step 2:
Ok now time to put the intake together, but on the rubber reducer at the Tb end on with clamp. Ok first we need to bend a brcket so u can fit the dam thing in there!!

Step 3:
You will have to reroute a coolant line just near your fuel rail. You DONT have to but if i leave all that pipe lying around i could rub on your intake and wreck it, simple as a re reout and a joiner

Step 4:
Ok now that thats all sorted, fit the intake pipe minus the filter, itll eb pretty tight in places, but it should fit, even with a strut bar.

Step 5:
Ok now fit the filter and use the rbacket provided to make a intake stay. this is who i hooked it up and it is very sturdy, i migth change it later, when i build an air box and what not, but this was i didnt need to mod the bracket and/or make another one. it was included. BTW i removed the cooland resevior just to get a lil but of extar room.

Step 6:
Ok now tighten all teh clamps nuts and what not, rejoin all hoses and giev it a quick shake to make sure everything is all tight and stable. then reset your ECU. remove the ecu fuse out of the fuse box and leave for 10mins.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Step 7:
Put ecu fuse back in and start ur car and let idle for bout 10mins and dont touch anything!! no revs or anything!! onces it warm, go for a squirt and make sure all is in order. Recheck all clamps and fittings after a 'spirted drive' to ensure all is stable and well.

Good luck and well done.

COMING SOON: MAKING AN AIR BOX FOR YOUR JS INTAKE!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
i love the whale penis hehhe

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
WOG PENIS!!!!!!!

nice intake Trav, nice write up also. I am curious to see this airbox you are going to McGuyver up, are you going to use sheet metal?

·
Registered
726 Posts
1 question y did u take out the ECU fuse to reset the ecu y would u do that??

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
trav.......I really dig your DIY's.............I dunno if I should laugh or go out and buy a fake j's intake.....................good write up.......:TU:

you're a funny bogan

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
LMAO?...........get one.........HELL no, I've had something similar and it's way too noisy, plus I lost torque.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts