Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally got my N.O.S. nitrous system installed on my built d16z6. All i can say is wow, im VERY satisfied with the power. Im only spraying a 75 dry shot right now, but here is my setup:

D16z6 block bored .010
Eagle H-beam rods (with ARP rod bolts)
SRP pistons (10.5:1CR)

d16y8 head milled .010
ZEX valvesprings
TI retainers
ZEX stage 2 cam
ARP head studs

All of this is in a 1990 CRX HF. I ran a 15.3 without gas, and with 13" wheels and shitty tires, i think i could have gotten 14.9 or so out of it. Now with the 75 shot i hope im hitting the VERY HIGH 13s...what do you guys think? Time for the 100 shot? lol

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
Yes its time for a 100 shot but u need a cam gear and some sort of fuel management first. Then throw that bitch on the dyno and u will hit low 13s...maybe lower

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have an adjustable cam gear right now, the only thing i dont have it good engine management.....i have everything else...but do you think i will hit high 13s with the 75 shot? considering a ran a 15.3 without the gas...

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
THats very duable! Better tires are going too be need w/ N20!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh i got 15s now, with 225/50s on them (Falken)

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
hmm in my 89 crx with d16z6, milled head 10.0:1 c/r and zex stage 2 cam plus i/h/e ran a [email protected] on the motor and then i ran a 60 shot dry and fucked it up once i got to 3rd felt slower and 4th had no power so i let off and ran a [email protected], spun 2 rod bearings and bent a valve. :(

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hrmmm, well maybe my motor isnt as quick as it should be, maybe VTEC isnt working like i thought at first...dont flame me on this ive heard enough, i have a RPM switch activating VTEC, so i dunno if it is workin or not...

·
Registered
736 Posts
15.3 aint bad all motor in a d-series. Ill give you props for that. Spraying a 75 shot you should easily be 13's. Most guys get 13's on stock z6's with around a 75 shot or less and that is with cars that will run between 15.5 and 16 all motor.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
i used to have an rpm switch and hated it i switched to a pr3 b16a ecu and i liked except that i thought the vtec activation was to high (5200rpm). you should try that.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
convert to obd1 and run p28. rpm activated switches are junk imo. Needs more fuel when vtec kicks in and there is nothing telling it to.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a zex wet kit but nitrous is to expensive. I had the purge valve to but i should have put a jet in the line becouse i was purging like a 1000hp shot lol . My turbo kit soon to be pushing 20+psi wouldnt like nitrous to much i dont think.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
adam38654 said:
I had the purge valve to but i should have put a jet in the line becouse i was purging like a 1000hp shot lol QUOTE]

What?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think he means that when he purges it dumps a lot of nitrous. If he has a jet in the valve is would limit the flow.

·
Registered
331 Posts
mintchoc91 said:
high 13s should be easy, i hit 14.7 on a completly stock z6 with a little nitrous
you should hit 13's with out any problem i hit 14.9-15.2 consistanly with just a cam on Azenis with no nitrous inmy 88 hatch full interior and a sub in the back at Palmdale which is a shitty track. your setup with a p28 ecu with 100shot should do low 13's high 12's on 22" slicks with a 80shot dry on my EG with a h22 swap hit 13.6 on street tires threw my slicks on and it hit 11.34 129mph. so you can see a huge differance with slicks and that is on the unit out of the hole all the way down the track.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea i read somewhere that the zex purg solenoid purges a 1000hp shot or nitrous when you hit the button.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts