Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods - sorry if this is the wrong forum -or- it is improper to ask this...

Located near me - White CRX - just wondering if you can tell any more about this from the pictures?

I have already contacted the seller to get close ups of the engine bay, what the motor came out of, mileage on motor/chassis, etc.

This could be a hack job and I already have enough projects!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
looks like a body kitted 90 crx with an f22 swap and a mechanic special...which usually means he fucked it up and is tired of trying to fix it/run right. ask him a price for it without the kit, and all the stock parts. could always buy it and try to part it out and bring it back to stock

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
For starters looks like it was wrecked from the front where the headlight is missing? I had this WW body kit back in '99 it trips me out when I see them today lol. Not dogging on it tho sometimes these body kits look good when the car is done right.

Not running? Why? Wiring issue for sure. Too much asking for too much work. I would skip.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
bet he's trying to run that obd2 f22b1 on an obd0 ecu with the wrong tooth count dizzy, so many people fuck that up

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
You want a 90 CRX I will sell you mine for 2k. But I live in Texas City =P

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the replies, I suspect it is really more of a basket case than anything else. Still waiting for a reply to my questions to the seller.

Nice Bone - evidently this guy does not know what he has...

Joel - got pics? A/C? condition?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
No ac, although I am sure I could put it in if you want, but that is usually kinda spendy. I can take some pics if you want

B18A1/Cable tranny/OBD1, everything about the engine and tranny are good except my black box oil seperator is cracked and needs replaced and walmart kinda stripped the oil drain plug so it has a butterfly drain plug.

The suspension is stock, the front brakes are the larger integra/ex sized. Everything works good except the front upper control arm on the passenger side has a little play and should be replaced.

The body is straight, never been in any accidents as far as I can tell, but the fenders were subjected to a wide bidy kit by a PO and are slightly tweaked, nothing horrible but they would need to be replaced if you want them perfect. Same with the hood, they cut out all the underbracing and it is slightly tweaked now. It also needs new paint, it was half ass dipped and done badly.

Interior is 8/10 good and complete except the standard broken HVAC controller, and I can fix pretty easily.

Tires should be replaced.

Thats the whole list, it is my daily driver and runs and drives excellent, let me know if you are interested, I can also fix any of the mechanical issues.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Paint job jooks good, everything else sorta looks like shit though.

Its probably a wiring nightmare.... I would rather find a car that has a running engine with rod knock, then with a good engine and fucked wiring. But that's just me.

I got a 94 ex for 300$ with rod knock... There is no way in hell I would pay more than $500 for that car if I were you, I wouldn't even buy it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts