Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im asking this question for a friend who dosent have a computer.he wanted me to ask for his Y8 that is well built has new pistons cam valves and springs retainer head studs all the goodies.
this is what he is looking at

1 x Garrett T3/TO4E of your choice (flow: 53 lbs/min 678cfm,.60 A/R HOUSING,60 TRIM WHEEL,.63 A/R HOUSING,STAGE 3 WHEEL,oil lubricated centersection) thats the 1 he is lookin at gettin with the kit

1 x Garrett 24"x6"x3.5" front mount intercooler

1 x TiAL 38mm wastegate

1 x TiAL 50mm blow off valve

free shipping 1549.00 and the site says its a 250-500 hp package
the site is http://cheapturbo.stores.yahoo.net/gat360trw63a.html

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha im glad i didnt even ask the question lol. would the turbo run fine on his engine or would goin with the eldelbrock turbo work better

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
im asking this question for a friend who dosent have a computer.he wanted me to ask for his Y8 that is well built has new pistons cam valves and springs retainer head studs all the goodies.
this is what he is looking at

1 x Garrett T3/TO4E of your choice (flow: 53 lbs/min 678cfm,.60 A/R HOUSING,60 TRIM WHEEL,.63 A/R HOUSING,STAGE 3 WHEEL,oil lubricated centersection) thats the 1 he is lookin at gettin with the kit

1 x Garrett 24"x6"x3.5" front mount intercooler

1 x TiAL 38mm wastegate

1 x TiAL 50mm blow off valve

free shipping 1549.00 and the site says its a 250-500 hp package
the site is http://cheapturbo.stores.yahoo.net/gat360trw63a.html
so for 1550 your getting a turbo, fmic, bov and wastegate? thats a RIP OFF if you ask me? part one together and use the left over cash toward all the goodies and tuning

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
You said the y8 is re-built; but is that with OEM parts, or stronger aftermarket parts? If you don't have stronger rods and pistons then a turbo of that size is worthless...

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the engine was built with new performance parts. he wants around 340-360 range and he is willing to get the bottom end worked on to make the turbo run better

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
the engine was built with new performance parts. he wants around 340-360 range and he is willing to get the bottom end worked on to make the turbo run better
Any forged rods and pistons (or even vitara pistons will be able to easily make 300-400whp) The only thing holding you back is if the turbo is big enough to reach those number... the turbo that drunkinmaster1 posted will make hp in the range he wants...

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also i was to ask where to find a cheap mani and all the turbo pipeing that is Egay. any1 have site that will help with this??

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
also i was to ask where to find a cheap mani and all the turbo pipeing that is Egay. any1 have site that will help with this??
go on eBay; get a DRAG cast mani and a cheap piping kit (6+ piece, 2.5" aluminum, power-coated, with silicone couplers, and hose clamps can be had on eBay for about $100) or get some stainless steel u-bends and silicone couplers from one of the sponsor sites on here...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts