Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys rebuilding my d15b7, looking for a decently priced set of pistons, found these...any experience with them? i am going for a high compresson setup, around 11:1 and plan to rev it decently high, will these hold up?

it says made in Japan, but i never heard of the brand before.... thanks for any info..

88-95 1.5L HONDA CRX, DELSOL D15B1,D15B7 PISTON SET 16V | eBay

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea..i used the compression calculator, i am going to mill the block .005-.010 and .035 off the head and use the MLS gasket.. and i want to stay d15b7, i have the a6 cam, z6 intake y7 cam gear and a custom tune, i just want to have a fresh motor, ported head and the added compression..cool, i will get the piston then if u say they are decent..

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
Why even bother with pistons on a B7 if your only looking to 11:1 comp????
Just mill the head and call it a day.

Not to mention if you plan on reving it high you need to worry about the rods not the pistons. B7 rods are toothpicks so put a set of ARP rod bolts and call it a day.

·
Formerly weebeastie
931 Posts
If you plan on reving it much over stock, then you should definitely think about upgrading the camshaft. The a6 cam will not make any extra power past the stock rev limit, so if you plan to rev it up, then plan to add a camshaft. This will also help you bleed off some of that compression at idle.

Basic recipe for a safe 7800 rpm high comp motor:

ARP rod bolts, rods resized
ARP head studs (since the stock head bolts are torque to yield, you are supposed to replace them anyway)
Mill the head .040"
30mm compression height P29's
Get an aftermarket cam gear to bring the cam timing back in
N/A cam of your choice (Bisimoto level 2, Colt TriFlow, etc.) and matching valve springs

With a decent header and CAI, and an awesome tune you should be able to make anywhere from 135-150whp with this setup. What trans are you using? The trans can make a huge difference by itself.

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
If you plan on reving it much over stock, then you should definitely think about upgrading the camshaft. The a6 cam will not make any extra power past the stock rev limit, so if you plan to rev it up, then plan to add a camshaft. This will also help you bleed off some of that compression at idle.

Basic recipe for a safe 7800 rpm high comp motor:

ARP rod bolts, rods resized
ARP head studs (since the stock head bolts are torque to yield, you are supposed to replace them anyway)
Mill the head .040"
30mm compression height P29's
Get an aftermarket cam gear to bring the cam timing back in
N/A cam of your choice (Bisimoto level 2, Colt TriFlow, etc.) and matching valve springs

With a decent header and CAI, and an awesome tune you should be able to make anywhere from 135-150whp with this setup. What trans are you using? The trans can make a huge difference by itself.
His Trans is:
4.25 FD
1st 3.250 ex
2nd 1.900 ex
3rd 1.346 zc
4th 1.033 zc
5th 0.694 hf

Should be pretty decent for auto-x

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have most the parts for the build-
-ARP rod bolts
-the pistons i asked about up top
-Delta 272-2 cam and planning to get isky springs
-ported head, stainless valves, milled .045
-d15 block bored .020 decked .015
-adj. cam gear
-will get it tuned once running
-LW flywheel and 6 puck clutch
-trans that he mentioned above

·
Formerly weebeastie
931 Posts
ZC 3-4 for the win!

I do like my ZC 2nd gear as well though. My trans setup:

and

4.4375 Final Drive

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
I made 135whp on my old B7
-Stage 2 cam
-0.060" head mill
-Z6 IM
-I/H/E
-Tune
-Chipped P06 with a 7800 redline

And ARP rod and headstuds are a must for any high comp D-Build as stated earlier.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts