Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my smog is due on the 24th and I have been told by that I would not pass smog in Cali in my 1992 Civic CX with a D15B8 Block, B7 Head & Intake Manifold, and P06 ECU. I'm trying to backdoor :boink: hopefully my friend's connect will come through because I have to get the car to pass apparently as a DX model. Can someone care to enlighten me on how the Cali smog systems would apply to my car and whether or not I'd have to backdoor. Reason why it's also rough is because I have to get it STAR certified. :thinking:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
wouldn't the DX model have looser emissions standards than the CX? the CX, as stock, has the cat mounted real high up, which is better than the normal EG's mounting spot under the firewall.

I'm so glad I don't live in the PRC like you :lol:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wouldn't the DX model have looser emissions standards than the CX? the CX, as stock, has the cat mounted real high up, which is better than the normal EG's mounting spot under the firewall.

I'm so glad I don't live in the PRC like you :lol:
Yeah I would believe so. Really now? My car had 2 cats when I got it lol, one that splits between the 2 piece exhaust manifold, and one where the normal EG's have it like you mentioned under the firewall. 2 Catalytic converters... haha.

To add right now I am running DC 4-2-1 headers to the stock cat under the firewall. I dont believe I'd pass since my headers don't have the stamp on it and I think my catalytic converter went bad :3

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I think the main thing you need is CARB stickers for any aftermarket parts.

Also doesn't private companies do the testing? So couldn't you go get it tested to see if you'll pass the big test?

I know here in Ohio a private company is contracted to run STATE OWNED testing centers, but independent service centers can do the same testing and tell if you'll pass.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
most test stations are not going to look at the block and head stamps, only state refs get that far into it. test only spots are just going to look at weather or not things are missing or not connected...
This and all models of obd1 civic have the same exact emission limits. This means whether its a d15b2 or a d16z6 the test limits are the same.

Stop over thinking it and just make sure nothing is hacked together and its running properly.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
most test stations are not going to look at the block and head stamps, only state refs get that far into it. test only spots are just going to look at weather or not things are missing or not connected...
Exactly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts