Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
same
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have to go to samammish to get a new big block for my other car. If I was to take my truck it would take about 8 gallons of diesel so $40 round trip no traffic, or I could take my honda which would be about 4 gallons so like $17 round trip. do you think my honda hatch back would hold a disassembled big block, the heaviest part would be the block with the crank. I know a fully dressed big block is like 700 lbs. what are your guys opinions.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Pretty sure it would fit, might have to remove rear seat backs. I'd be worried about destroying the weak cardboard that covers the spare tire.

Pull the rear seat backs and lay down some plywood and I think you'd be golden.

·
Registered
780 Posts
sure it'd fit. but id rest it on some 2x4's... i'd be a bit weary using just plywood with a heavy ass big block.

·
Registered
same
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinking about cutting some 3/4" plywood in the pattern of the cardboard and bracing it with some 2x4's

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Sounds like a plan. We demand pics of hatch with big block in back!

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
If I fit a entire CX motor AND trans bolted together in the back of my hatch...I don't see why you couldn't. BTW, I'm totally gutted in the back.

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
well that sucks, I was hoping you were going to build a hatch with a BBC for a motor . . .

But yes, the hatch will hold a ton. I had two c4 transmissions and a buick v6 shortblock in the back of my buddy's 94 hatch.
Getting them out is the tough part.

·
Registered
2000 civic 2 door ex
732 Posts
civette.... what a let down, thought it would be faster oh well

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
iirc, recommended carrying weight in cab is 800 lbs. bare block and a crank, you should have no issues. short block, ok its getting heavy. full bb with accessories, umm this might hurt if you get in an accedent.

·
Registered
same
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^ you can call them small blocks but there just weird I got all my setup ready so I hope for not a lot of bumps, I'm gonna but the block in the back, the crank will probably ride shotgun, heads will be behind both the seats and i'll put the pistons somewhere, I hope I have room for it all

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
hahah such a fail. small block ftl

well i dont know my domestics thats evident lol
its an ls motor . . . probably one of the best pushrod motors ever built on the assembly line for mass production.

It isn't too uncommon for those to make 310-320rwhp bone stock with a stick (ls1).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts