Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
My Civic
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k, i got all my vac sorces figured out, i got a basemap started, soon as i go WOT, it dies, when i play with the gas petal it back fires around 4 grand...

i got b18 ajustable cam gears, do you think i could be a tooth off..?

DSM 450's now, and tuning with crome free.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
k, i got all my vac sorces figured out, i got a basemap started, soon as i go WOT, it dies, when i play with the gas petal it back fires around 4 grand...

i got b18 ajustable cam gears, do you think i could be a tooth off..?

DSM 450's now, and tuning with crome free.
BASEMAP
do you have a wideband? and if it was a tooth off your would hear it at idle.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
912 Posts
I don't think WOT on a basemap is smart.

Are you tuning the car yourself?

Is the car running right at idle and part throttle?

·
Registered
My Civic
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
idle just fine, as if i was to take off it falls on it face, i changed tps and did calibrate from the post i did before

i haven't got my wideband set up yet, i'm trying to work all the bugs out of it just on sitting portion of it for now, but i gotta go get a bung and get to welding.

·
Registered
1991 Civic 4 Door
151 Posts
Like xile6 said, You have to get the WB setup ASAP.... The only way you know what your car is doing is by the WB. Are you Data-logging?

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
how does tuning go with a AEM wideband?
Not sure what your asking.
Are you asking how to tune with aem wb?
The aem has a 5volt white wire for tuning. Just scale it up to your tuning software and datalog. Then your be able to plot your afr with rpm/load.

Now if you cant datalog then your going to have a hard time. Your be looking at rpm, boost gauge and wideband gauge while driving. Very hard to do. A camera on those gauges would be better if you dont have datalogging.

did i answer your question? if not what are you asking?

·
Registered
My Civic
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure what your asking.
Are you asking how to tune with aem wb?
The aem has a 5volt white wire for tuning. Just scale it up to your tuning software and datalog. Then your be able to plot your afr with rpm/load.

Now if you cant datalog then your going to have a hard time. Your be looking at rpm, boost gauge and wideband gauge while driving. Very hard to do. A camera on those gauges would be better if you dont have datalogging.

did i answer your question? if not what are you asking?
yup. tHanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Going WOT on a basemap without a wideband is asking for your motor to blow up.
You may have already blown the thing up revving on it with a basemap and no means to monitor whats going on. Ive seen it done before.

By the way, sorry if this is my first post. Just felt compelled to post in this thread.

·
Registered
My Civic
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im just going to ignore that last post, anyways, i got the wide band install timing all correct. when i go WOT it goes straight lean with no numbers i could use 80 percent petal and wont have a problem, but only in WOT, idle i am also 10.8 .

·
Registered
My Civic
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dont have a data logger, but what sections or an idea what are on the map i should look at? also i notice i have low vac compared to my stock y7 i was 28inches of vac this one is barely 10" . no intake leaks ive soaked my intake of carb cleaner to check, to see for leaks, is it due to being such low compression?

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
i dont have a data logger, but what sections or an idea what are on the map i should look at? also i notice i have low vac compared to my stock y7 i was 28inches of vac this one is barely 10" . no intake leaks ive soaked my intake of carb cleaner to check, to see for leaks, is it due to being such low compression?
Didnt feel like re-reading the whole thread,
But low comp piston will give u low vac. Normally around 15in gh. But all depends on comp ratio. Also u need more timing out of boost n a low comp build.

Now "---" is lean out of limits. If this is happening at wot then ur going to metal/blow the motor.
10.8:1 @ idle us way to rich. Ur flooding the motor. Idle should be 14.5-15.5:1
For tuning idle hit the first 3x3 blocks of you map.
what is ur afr while n boost? Part throtle? U need datalogging or good eyes n memory.
Hit boost note the rpm/boost level. Go to ur map n add or minus fuel.

·
Registered
My Civic
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i've got a shit video of what is going its from a env3 so bare with me lol

·
Registered
My Civic
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its horrible i know, ill see if i can't get my flip out tomorrow and get something better

1 - 20 of 23 Posts