Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Topic^? Its going on my all motor Z6 build. I've already got a Z6 mani and the Y8 mani. I've also got the money to get an aftermarket one, i've considered the Blox and the Edlebrock. I'd like some opinions on the Blox if anyone has them, i haven't read much on them. Thanks.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Blox=SK2 copy. unless oyur planning on running lots of comp. and a big cam, the Z6 is the way to go, unless the motor is out of the car. The Y8 isnt worht going through all the trouble

·
Registered
10 Posts
i would get a skunk2 pro series with a b series throttle body, ported to match the intake manifold....

i know alot of people say that skunk2 sucks....blah blah blah....but hey i have one and it works great, it seemed like i lost a little power on the lower end, but when the rpms rise, that is when you feel a little more power....but then up to you....

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
corrected it for you.

OBX 68mm tb, and the car has power like crazy 2nd and 3rd gear smoking tires,
willing to put money on it that you actually lose a lot of power. 60 mm is all that is required for a d-series.

btw: learn to drive. if your still smoking the tires in 3rd gear your: doing it wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
corrected it for you.

willing to put money on it that you actually lose a lot of power. 60 mm is all that is required for a d-series.

btw: learn to drive. if your still smoking the tires in 3rd gear your: doing it wrong.
that is true...if you are smoking in 3rd gear, means that you are not getting any traction and your person who your racing is way far ahead of you....

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
The Y8 isnt worht going through all the trouble
ok, sir strokealot, lets here the explaination for this one. here let me pull out the soapbox out for this one, step up the masses are waiting.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Well its ok, i'm actually picking up an Edlebrock IM. If anyone wants a complete Y8 top end, let me know (thats ~30K miles on head, IM, TB, fuel rail, Injectors) or i'd take a swap for a Z6
i would edit this before one of the mods sees it, since this is not the fs section.

the edlebrock is a very nice manifold. the one i had went together well, but the air injection holes are a bitch to get the plugs into. or at least mine were. make sure you look the entire thing over, as i had two little pieces of aluminum left over where they drilled the holes for the air injection system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts