Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 honda civic dx
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna be getting a d16y7 block d16y8 head mini me motor. Im pretty sure it has a spun rod bearing would it be worth rebuilding. BTW it would just be to have a good motor when the d15 in my hatch takes a shit.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
it depends if you can find a good crankshaft or not. cause yours is fucked. new or reman. cranks are hella, so I wouldn't even do it if I had to go that route.

it also depends on what you want to do. If you want to build a stronger bottom end for boost on the side. If you have another block on the side just in case that's cool. though motors usually show signs of fucking up, or die because of overheating or some other neglect.

·
Registered
1997 honda civic dx
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well um the motor ticked like an sob. lol before it went south. i just dont like the slowness of the d15 i mean its just my dd i have the SRT-4 if i wanna go fast. but i wanna have a little more fun in the dd.:punk:. Also i heard that the d15 doesnt not like n2o wondering if thats true.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
the rod are smaller. that's the only problem other then if your still throttle body injection. you could have a fuel delevery problem with a dry kit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts