Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I am going to get a custom exhaust setup from kteller.com the 2.5 IN D/P, 2.5 Inch catback and the 14" resonator from them, but here is my question, should I get Stainless Steel for an extra 70 bucks or just get the Alum. Steel....??? I mean they say the alum. steel will last 5-10 before any wear happens.... should I just save the 70 bucks and put that towards injectors and just get the alum steel???? let me know what cha think.....thanks Paul

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
honestly id just go with the aluminized steel. stainless is harder to weld, and i dont see it making that big of a difference in the long run anyways. chances are the exhaust will last longer than you will own the car anyways

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ryan89crx said:
honestly id just go with the aluminized steel. stainless is harder to weld, and i dont see it making that big of a difference in the long run anyways. chances are the exhaust will last longer than you will own the car anyways
yea my last exhaust on my last car the alum steel and I had it on there for 3 years and it looked new even after 3 winters..... its a 70 dollar difference(total with the d/p and the catback)..... so we'll see.......

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok I decided to do this, 2.5 in stainless DP, 2.5 in Carsound cat, and the 2.5 in catback..... I think that should work nice for the 6-8 lbs of boost..... also is that going to be loud??? too loud without a resonator???

·
Registered
784 Posts
Id go aluminized and spray paint the thing. If you still have the car by the time it seriously rusts you are a complete loser in life.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do u think I could run 2.5 inch catback right now, I wanted to get his on b4 the turbo, so I can get it fit right to my type-r rear lip..... I think it would be fine.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts