Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
I would say no.... a good P&P would do more for you than that cam... or new pistons / rods, for the $$ you are spending on the cam/ springs/ retainers.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
GreyGoose said:
since i want to run a greddy kit, is it worth putting a crower turbo cam and springs/retainers in to boost around 9-10psi?
I say yes, I am also going to say get a nice pnp job as well.....

·
Registered
122 Posts
initially, the hp gains will be minimal if your just goin' to bolt on the cam on top of the 9-10psi.

but if you were to do PnP, higher boost, more-efficient manifold, etc... then the potential HP gains would be much more beneficial compared to not having the cam

·
Registered
369 Posts
yea in small motors like ours, the pnp does the best to increase flow over all and boosted just makes it sweetier :)

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Rexinre said:
P&P For The Win...

Then get the cam! :thehump:
do u think I should just stick with the stage 1 comp cam and get a nice pnp job and keep the factory spec head assembly or shoud I get the head pnp, install a stage 2 turbo cam(crower) and get all new racing internals for the head(valves, springs titanium retainers, arp head studs, etc....) this is going to be after my greddy kit is installed in a 2 months here, very excited!! lets hear some input...

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Rexinre said:
If you have the money for it... do the 2nd choice... also, don't waste your money on a stage 1 cam if you plan on switching it out with the crower cam anyways.
I know what your saying, but I already have the stage 1 comp cam installed right now, so I think I might just sell that when I plan on doing the headwork....

·
Registered
602 Posts
Definately Pnp on boost...nice smooooooth surface for that charge to flow quickly and efficiently over w.o losing velocity.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
sleeperhatch91 said:
Definately Pnp on boost...nice smooooooth surface for that charge to flow quickly and efficiently over w.o losing velocity.
is it worth geting a stage 2 cam and redo the whole head or should I just stick with the stage 1 comp cam, the one i have installed right now and just have my buddy pnp it, he works at a cylinder head shop......good guy.... I would get some apr head studs tho.....

·
Registered
741 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
is it worth geting a stage 2 cam and redo the whole head or should I just stick with the stage 1 comp cam, the one i have installed right now and just have my buddy pnp it, he works at a cylinder head shop......good guy.... I would get some apr head studs tho.....
For now, keep that cam, get your buddy to do a quality PnP and invest in the apr's like you said above. Maybe get that stage 2 when you go bigger on the boost.

·
Premium Member
18,607 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
I know what your saying, but I already have the stage 1 comp cam installed right now, so I think I might just sell that when I plan on doing the headwork....
aahhh... if you already have it... then do the port work! This will work out nicely until you get the stage 2.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Rexinre said:
aahhh... if you already have it... then do the port work! This will work out nicely until you get the stage 2.
I think I will keep the stage 1 cam and when I rebuild the motor(wiseco pistons, Tuner toyz rods, new oil pump...etc..... I will get a stage 2 cam and the rest of the head internals..... but yes I will get my y8 head ported and use the stage 1....thanks for your input guys!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts