Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been working on turboing my car for the past week. today was oil line day. i drilled my oil pan and went under the car to pull the oil pressure sender to install my tuner toys fitting. i get it out no prob and install the sender on the fitting. set my torque wrence for 13lbs like the instructions say. screwing half way finger tight i start with the wrench. it was very easy to turn. after a min i was starting to wonder why its not getting harder to turn the wrench. the fucking fitting broke! :shocked:now i have the end of this expensive ass fitting stuck in the oil pressure sender hole.
:hammer:
wtf do i do now? do i have to pull the motor and drill it out and retap that bitch? or is there some way i can get the broken peice out?

damn i was so planing on boosting this weekend.:cockbloc:

thanks in advance

·
Registered
461 Posts
Try an ezout like suggested, shouldn't give you much trouble, i've snapped these fittings into my turbo many times and got them right out with one.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i ran over to pep boys and picked up an extractor for 5 bux. took it out in a few seconds. and it came out clean. maybe this wasnt such a bad senario... thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea was pretty easy

civic-vti said:
Why nobody uses oil filter sandwiches to get the oil lines from?
the fitting i used was included in the oil line kit i got from tuner toys. i saw the oil filter sandwiches but this was included. i just ordered another tt fitting that im goning to be really careful with. maybe i should have looked more into the oil filter sandwich... how much are they?

thank you all for the support. ive got crome pro and access to a dyno. (maybe). ill post pics when its done, maybe some dyno numbers too.
:beer::beer::beer::beer: until the fitting gets here.

W

·
0 Posts
csaddict said:
Contact Craig at Tuner Toys. They knowingly had a bad batch of those fittings and tried to weed them all out. He will replace it. Craig is a great guy and I have used tons of those fittings with no issue.
yea craig is a great guy

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
doh! i shouldve called him then. i ordered another fitting right after i broke the first. someone in my dyno class welded it back together and it looked good but it leaks all over the place. just waiting on that one peice now. i got a lil taste of the sweet sound of the knock off hks...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts