Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to take you back to a simpler time, I had just gotten married it was fall of 06 and somehow we got an apartment that had cable paid through the next 6-8 months. At the time I wasn't really into F1, NASCAR bored me to death (still does), and Indy wasn't really on my radar but I knew I liked watching racing. One Sunday afternoon, I plopped down on the couch and flipped over to Speedvision to find a new form of racing. Speed World Challenge, stock chassis'd cars from various makes and models with high dollar sponsors duking it out on a road course IN AMERICA of all things.

I was obviously instantly hooked. I caught as many races as I could from then on out and the series started to grow, the K-Pax Vovlo and CTS-V's were starting to really destroy other teams. I loved it! Soon after that my cable died and I was a newly wed trying to finish college and make ends meet, so I never really jumped back on the cable bandwagon again.

Soon after that the series died out with the financial crash of 08. Car companies considered it wasteful to sink money into racing.

I heard recently that the series was making a comeback and today I found this article on Jalopnik.

That got me thinking, is there a website that streams the World Challenge Series? HOLY CRAP was I surprised. Apparently there's a site called World-ChallengeTV.com, that streams all the races live and have full recordings for all the previous races that anyone's missed offered in HD and the best part, 100% FREEEEEEEEEE!!!

Fantastic racing, fantastic series, and SICK cars. If you guys are in sort of the same place as me (want to watch racing but no time/no cable), this is something that's a MUST SEE!!!

CLIFFS: World Challenge Series = actual stock cars, awesome racing, click link it's FREE!

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is awesome! Very good find! I looked at the schedule and it looks like the next race 04/19/2013, or in laymans terms: Tomorrow! I will definitely be watching.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!! If ever required, you may request ONE kiss and/or hug from me. Juliah and I will be pressed up against the ipad all weekend because of this!!!!!!!!!!

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Wait, you gave up on K-Pax and other teams?

If not for my courier job I would be at Road Atlanta this weekend as a pit bitch, hopefully for Freedom Autosports.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^Life happened man, I was to wrapped up in finishing my last 2 semesters, getting my BS, finding a job, and dealing with being a newly wed.

I didn't have time for anything...

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm <2hrs from Road ATL. Just wish I had not made previous promises to go somewhere else. :(
I'd love to be that close, that might make going to the Mitty this year a possibility...

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
hmmm...i wonder what the requirement is for racing in this series?

epic find BTW, i was completely oblivious :D

:(, must spread rep

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
BAHHHH!!!! I talked about this on the recent F1 thread!!! Must have been overshadowed by the F1 talk. The Pirelli world challenge has been running at the same venues as the American Le Mans Series, Ive seen it the last three years at Laguna Seca raceway, and will be there again may 9th 10th 11th, to watch ALMS and Pirelli WC. If anybody is near by, Ill be at camp site 129L, come bye and say hello, big bald white guy with large goatee.

It is a blast to watch. Probably my favorite racing to watch because its so grass roots and hold my interest because of what they are racing.

BTW, i love the K-Pax volos, they are freaking sick. Also last year, I got to lift the hood off the CTS-V race teams back up car with the lead design engineer, It was quite an experience. All people involved with the event are super cool, and easy to talk to. Will have some pics come May 12th.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I loved the WC series. Was it the same as the Koni Challenge series? I liked it as well.
Pretty sure that was a different series

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
I loved the WC series. Was it the same as the Koni Challenge series? I liked it as well.
Unsure. I do know pirelli picked it up 2 years ago, so this will be their third season, and they have contracted for two more years, so Im pumped.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
I guess I worded that wrong in retrospect. I meant did they travel to the tracks at the same time. I remember Pirelli picking up the KC series but haven't had any way to watch it since then honestly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts