1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I got a promoted! And I'm PINK!!
2,260 Posts

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts
are you sure it's for the cam, because the sohc cam gear has the key on it. the only key that i know of is the one on the crank #90704-634-000, and i looked for the key on the 84-87 civics, crx, that is on the camshaft #90741-657-000 engine d15a1 and d15a3... hope this helps...

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
If you just need a woodruff key visit your local hardware store and they should have one...We had a TON at the hardware store I worked at

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
I bought a key from either Northern Tools or Lowes, but had to grind it to make it fit flush. I had a hard time taking it out though(too tight).

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
single cams from 88-00 have the woodruf key built into the cam gear... i just get a universal one from napa fit it see how much needs to be grinded off and get a file with fine grit and file away...

also im not completely positive on this.. but i think the b series woodruf keys will work with sohc cams.. i know all b series has woodruf keys..

goodluck

also when grinding down if you make one.. put it in a vise... i didnt have a vise the last time i made one and i was holding it while grinding... thats a facken pain in the ass

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts