Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I recently bout a 93 civic 2 door it has a Sohc zc swap with a non v Tec y7 head an a 5 speed trasmission currently being ran by a p05 ecu but my issue is in 5 th gear pedal to the medal it only will push 5,000 rpm. Shouldn't a zc rev higher than that? Also it feels well I'm driving like it needs to shift to a 6 th gear which iv never heard of with a zc except the van version zc motor. Been googling for the last wk an really can't find much about this issue with a zc so any help would be appreciated

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Wrong ECU, and likely other issues such as timing. That ECU is for a CX/d15b8 motor. Also you will need to proper 02 sensor with the ECU you need as well.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wrong ECU, and likely other issues such as timing. That ECU is for a CX/d15b8 motor. Also you will need to proper 02 sensor with the ECU you need as well.
. Which Ecu should I use the p06? Also i though u would have miss fire an rough idle if timing was off an I don't have any of those issues.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,677 Posts
PO6 is OBD0 ecu and that won't work, I run P75(b series non v) ecu on my obd1 D15b nonv and it works fine.

Oh shit I just realized that I'm wrong about P06, for some reason I thought you said PM6 -_- sorry my bad.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
P06 is for 92-95 d15b7 engines (dx/lx cars) and will run that engine just fine.

check ignition timing by jumping service connector at passenger kick when the motor is warm. shut off, jump, turn back on, check timing.

service jump prevents ecu from adding or removing timing so you can see base timing

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
totally missed the 5th gear part

what kind of idiot is pushing 5k rpm in 5th gear on the road? even on the shortest of D series transmissions, that is over 100mph, let alone what is probably a dx tranny

EDIT doch zc gearing on 185/65/14s put 5k rpm at 102mph, 92-95 dx gearing puts it at 122mph

do OBD1 ecu's have a speed limitor?

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Registered
Integra DB9, Accord Type R
432 Posts
Outside of the legalities, is there a technical reason why you guys don't do 100 mph in a Civic?

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
do OBD1 ecu's have a speed limitor?
I've hit one in a stock d15b7 del sol at about 115 downhill as a passenger.
JDM ones do, 125mph IIRC.
My jdm p30 hit it at about 85 which was near 4500/5000 rpm with a b16 trans.
Outside of the legalities, is there a technical reason why you guys don't do 100 mph in a Civic?
Usually these types of posts are made by inner city kids who have a handed down or beat to shit civic, usually not registered to them nor insured and drive them around "racing" until they're involved in an accident, blow the engine or they're pulled over and the car is impounded. Evidence of this is usually found in junkyards. Judging by the list of thrown together parts/poor grammar, it is safe to assume OP falls into this category.

But hey that's just what I've seen over the past 10 years.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,025 Posts
the car is a little more durable than a soda can.

eg

accord

ek

ek

ek

eg

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
euro spec hondas have it worse though, they have less durable crash beams, and sometimes shorter front ends even. my 2013 fit was approx 4 inches longer up front solely for the US rated crashbeam support

safety, and combine that with 10, 15, 20, 25 year old suspension and brakes, and you have a disaster waiting to happen.

the idea is, when you spend enough money to fix all that, you end up babying the ccar far more to get your moneys worth lol

·
5,025 Posts
btw, most of those were hella local to me, and all but 1 of them is dead.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Ive seen so many pictures of Civics in two pieces, or one piece that looks like only half of the car... its scary stuff for me. Makes me wonder if driving an F150 might just be worth the lack of fun for the increase in chance of surviving.

Anyone here drive a Civic some days and a truck other days? Ever notice how people are much more courteous to you when you drive the truck? But always nose out or drift over the lines when you are in your small Civic....

Fuckers. :p

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Im the dickhead with super bright LED lights that if they intentionally mess around with me, I just get behind them and blind them a few times.

they tend to get the fuck out of the way after that lol

·
5,025 Posts
I just realized, the last pic I posted was of an ej1 COUPE. I thought it was a hatch.....well, it is now

Reactions: FarmerD
1 - 18 of 18 Posts