Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 crx
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is a 89 crx 1.5 l the transmission will not go into gear well the engine is running but will with the motor off. (like the clutch wont release). tried adjusting the clutch cable, that did nothing. so i pulled the engine expecting to find something blocking the throw-out bearing or pressure plate ( like a loose or broken spring). everything looks normal i just did the clutch 10,000 miles ago (replaced the fallowing parts ACT modified street disk Exedy pressure plate OEM clutch cable flywheel resurfaced ) i can put the car in gear and turn the input shaft by hand and the wheels will turn in all gears. new fluid about about 20,000 miles ago. the only thing that seemed a bit off was the original machining marks are still visible on the pressure plate. any ideas anyone? thank you for your input.

·
Registered
89 crx
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
clutch disc spit a spring or bracket under the dash has torn are the common issues.
all 4 springs are in place, i thought it was the clutch cable at first so i checked out under the dash everything looks normal and the peddle felt good when i pressed the peddle i had a friend get in the car well i watched the throw out arm travel and it seemed like it was not getting enough travel to actuate it coming up about 5 mm short. after adjusting the cable and getting no results i figured the pressure plate was blocked by some foreign object, however i found nothing out of place. could it be the pressure plate? i think i might just take it to the local clutch shop and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
987 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
look at the fork. is it loose? If so, then either the fork or the small round piece where the fork sits on is broken like mine.

·
Premium Member
96 Honda Civic
985 Posts
Do you have good firm peddle, because maybe the slave cylinder is bad. What does it sound like when you try to put it in gear?

·
Premium Member
96 Honda Civic
985 Posts

·
Registered
89 crx
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah it feels fine i get full travel with the clutch out of the car. ya know that noise kinda like a buzzing/ grinding sound when the synchromesh wont sync up well thats what it sounds like.

·
Registered
89 crx
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i tryed pushing on the arm to see if it would go all the way. no matter how hard i pushed it would not go that last 5mm. (dont think its the cable) im gonna buy a new pressure plate, any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
I had a problem like this,chaged everything didn't fix it. Turned out to be the cable. Extreme pressure plate...

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Exedy has a good clutch set. I really like my center force dual friction clutch but it cost a little more than a stock exedy clutch.

How old is your cable? Is properly adjusted?

Also check your flywheel when you take the clutch off and make sure is wasn't wearing on just a certain part of of (machinest didn't turn the flywheel right).

·
Registered
89 crx
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Exedy has a good clutch set. I really like my center force dual friction clutch but it cost a little more than a stock exedy clutch.

How old is your cable? Is properly adjusted?

Also check your flywheel when you take the clutch off and make sure is wasn't wearing on just a certain part of of (machinest didn't turn the flywheel right).
its new as of 10,000 miles ago. the flywheel looks fine as far as wear. is even and no heat spots the clutch disk looks fine to

1 - 20 of 25 Posts