Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Trade Me Your Car Please ...I Am The Master Of Fli
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aventualy im planning on turboing my D15b but im wondering if its worth putting all that time and money into the 1.5 or should i try to get a 1.6?

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
put a ls1 in it... fuck a d15

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,386 Posts
the D15b is a very good engine. but building it is a little bit of a problem because it has a crankshaft unique to that engine only. there are companies that are making this problem easier. like our sponsor fjt. and tuner toyz. check out the d15b faq sticky in the n/a forum. it should help you. then search around a little, there are few members on here with boosted d15b setups. bizzar(one of our administrators)seems to be knowledgeable on this as well.

but if you are not going to run a high HP setup, studs and head gasket should be good. z6 studs work on this engine.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
I had to buy a motor for my CRX. I was originally going to get a JDM D15b. Once I decided I was eventually going to boost, I bought a Z6 because of the better aftermarket parts selection (and I got it for $100). The Z6 will probably always have better aftermarket support, but the d15b is starting to get a little lovin' lately.

As was already pointed out, there are now some rod and piston options for this motor. Head studs and cams aren't a problem. I'm not sure about a block guard, but that's probably OK too. I say you already own it! I'd PM fjt on this board, do some vitaras on a set of his new rods, and go for it.

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,386 Posts
I had to buy a motor for my CRX. I was originally going to get a JDM D15b. Once I decided I was eventually going to boost, I bought a Z6 because of the better aftermarket parts selection (and I got it for $100). The Z6 will probably always have better after market support, but the d15b is starting to get a little lovin' lately.

As was already pointed out, there are now some rod and piston options for this motor. Head studs and cams aren't a problem. I'm not sure about a block guard, but that's probably OK too. I say you already own it! I'd PM fjt on this board, do some vitaras on a set of his new rods, and go for it.
agreed!

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well im thinkin about keeping my jdm D15b and just putting a 1.6 head on it then turboing it when i get the funds plus a good trans that actualy works since mine is completly shot!

·
Registered
847 Posts
keep that motor and head, just get the head resurfaced for straightness and use some head studs. and then use your money on a good tranny and clutch kit, a decent turbo setup, and most importantly, engine management and a good tune. a gaurentee with the right size turbo, properly tuned at 10psi, youll be very happy

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
well im thinkin about keeping my jdm D15b and just putting a 1.6 head on it then turboing it when i get the funds plus a good trans that actualy works since mine is completly shot!
If it's a D15B vtec it has the same head as D16Z6.

Oh and, HB2bcivic says:
put a ls1 in it... fuck a d15

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well as of right now my car is parked becuse my tranny stoped workin. the saf baring is blown out and oil is spitting out my tranny. so i guess i am looking for a cheap new or used tranny any one know where i can find one because i am so broke after buying this shell and swaping in the D15B.
Any help would be great because im in a hole and i cant even get to a job.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Try you local craigslist to find one near you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.