Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
civic lol
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my timing belt is slightly wobbly..i know its not the cam gear...the engine sounds normal when revving...any ideas wat might be wrong??

·
Registered
civic lol
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just installed it and now scared that there is a problem....hey tron so does it rule out any mechanical problems like broken parts??

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
when you say wobbling do you mean from driver to passenger side or front of car to back?

front to back is fine, belt might be a tad loose, but no bid deal. if you mean driver to passenger side then you might have a problem.

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts
when you say wobbling do you mean from driver to passenger side or front of car to back?

front to back is fine, belt might be a tad loose, but no bid deal. if you mean driver to passenger side then you might have a problem.
Driver passenger would be from A broken strands in the belt or these shims are missing on the crank (pic attached). Did you follow the install FSM to take the slack out of the belt

CAUTION: Always adjust the timing belt tension with
the engine cold.
NOTE:
• The tensioner is spring-loaded to apply proper tension
to the belt automatically after making the
following adjustment .
• Always rotate the crankshaft counterclockwise
when viewed from the pulley side.
Rotating it clockwise may result in improper adjustment
of the belt tension.
1. Remove the cylinder head cover.
2. Remove the timing belt upper cover.
3. Set the No.1 piston at TOC (page 6-641.
4. Loosen the adjusting bolt 180 degrees
5. Rotate the crankshaft counterclockwise 3-teeth on
the camshaft pulley to create tension on the timing
belt.
6. Make sure the timing belt and the cam pulley are
engaged securely.
7. Torque the adjusting bolt to 45 N·m (4.5 kg-m,
33Ib-ftl.

8. If the pulley bolt loosens while turning the crank,
tighten it to specified torque.
Specified Torque:
185 N·m (18.5 kg-m, 1341b-ftl

I need to replace my tensioner and spring along with belt mine is shot from driving around at 9k RPMs I stopped driving it for the winter waiting for spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
civic lol
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my car is at the shop right now..so i dont know but it might be a lil wobbly from driver to passenger side...ill ask in the morning if they installd the shims...it has a tensioner already...if it has the shims installed and its a lil wobbly what might b going on?maybe just loose timing belt??

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
they are NOT shims, call them belt guides. even without the guides it wouldnt wobble side to side it would just walk into the timing cover.

if its wobbling side to side you have a bad part, or a defective belt.

·
Registered
92 cx
931 Posts
You probably just need to loosen that 14mm bolt under the T-belt cover, there is a black rubber grommet you take that out, then loosen the 14mm bolt one turn on the timing belt tensioner. Then turn the crankshaft 3 teeth counter clockwise, tighten 14mm bolt. Then you'll be tightened.

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 civic cx hatch
1,012 Posts
is the cam gear bolt tight along with the crank pulley to keep the gears from moving side to side?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts