Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Is it normal for the angular bearing to be able to lift off the shaft from just a bit of tug?

And also is the needle bearing okay if it has a slight in and out play?

I was in the processes of just changing out my ISB and once completing that, I started to put things back together and just started inspecting things to see if everything is still decently okay and when I touch both bearings. They both had these symptoms that im describing.

Thanks for your time.
- Sammo

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yeah, as long as the play on the needle bearing isn't excessive you are fine on both counts. Just rubber mallet that MS bearing onto the shaft fully.

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^
Thats what I was thinking about the CS bearings but as for the angular bearing. Is it normal for it to easily be pulled with my hands wiggling it? Like I can just wiggle it ..1 ....2 and it comes up off the MS shaft.

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all is fine :)

92-95 EX/Si?
Yes sir.

I also took out my ISB that you said was the issue from my other thread and the bearing seems to still be okay, I still put in the near bearing though but just wanted to let you know hahaha.

But over all, IF it isnt the ISB that isnt making the noise that i am encountering then what else would your memory bank think it would be?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
link to the thread/post, my memory bank is broken :(

I have found, as Aquafina and Bense that the older trannys (88-91) slide apart much easier, sometimes way too easy IMHO.

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
link to the thread/post, my memory bank is broken :(

I have found, as Aquafina and Bense that the older trannys (88-91) slide apart much easier, sometimes way too easy IMHO.
http://www.d-series.org/forums/transmission-alley/133943-transmission-noise-bad-bearing.html

This be the link I mentioned.

And thanks fellas for the relief of good news about it being normal for that bearing to be able to slide out quite easily hahaha.

Lets hope when I put this together, the whining/ticking goes away if not then damn. Imma have to look for a spare trans to put in while I continue to rebuild this current Si trans...Oy, there goes my savings for a wideband hahaha.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Yea, most of the cable trannies I have had, that bearing on the MS just slides right off. Little effort to put on, but comes off without effort.

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Yea, most of the cable trannies I have had, that bearing on the MS just slides right off. Little effort to put on, but comes off without effort.
Not a cable tranny good sir, hydro crap.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
It varies. Some come off just from turning the shaft upside down, some can be removed by hand, and some need to be pulled off (pressed off in my case as I don't use a puller).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts