Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I decided I'd start making my own beer. Since im a "DIY'er" i figured why not make my own beer. I hit up my local homebrew supply store and picked up a "stg2 kit" lol and ingredients for a amber ale called "South By South Wheat."

Let's get brew'in!

The basic supplies: bigggg as pot, big ass spoon, thermometer, hydrometer, 5gallon bucket.

I used a 20quart pot filled with 2gallons of water at 160*f
added in 1lb flaked wheat and 2 3/4lbs. of row malt

45minutes at 160*f. put silk bag of wheat/malt in a strainer and pour 1.5L of 170*f water over it into the pot. add 1gallon of water and boil.

Added 1oz of hops at a boil for 60minutes. last 15minutes added in 1/2oz of hops and last 5minutes added another 1/2oz of hops.

Transfer the big ass pot into a sink full of water and ice to cool down from a boil to 80*f within 20minutes. then pour into a 5gallon bucket. yes it looks like the aftermath of a bad night of mexican food, but during fermentation it will clear up a lot and the doo doo will sink to the bottom)

Add yeast. my recipe called for American hefeweizen. keep refrigerated until 24hrs prior to use, store at 70*f for 24hrs before use.

Put the lid on and fill your airlock 1/3 of the way up with water. this allows the mixture the churn and produce CO2 which will allow the yeast to eat up the sugar in the wort getting rid of unwanted proteins and to ferment into ALCOHOL! store in a cool dark place for 5-7.

Well that's where I'm at so far. I'll update this thread in 5-7 days! Woot woot, Nick has 5gallons of beer in his closet and you dont woot wooooot! lol
Pics came from my Droid2 (5 megapixels)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
nice my G/f saw this on one of the show's she watches and said she wants to try it. but i will get her the mr.brew kit from harborfreight it's only 20 bucks and if she doesnt like it ill use it.

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow only $20? look into that shit. what all is included in that? My kit was $223 but that also included the 20quart pot, and the beer ingrediance with the recipe. man if your girl is intrigued by that that's awesome! i wish my girl gave a fuck about the shit i like lol.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i know it goes on sale all the time and tit was about 20 bucks last time i saw it at harbor freight. on there site it's $40 but still way less than you spend and if we dont like it it's not much of a loss to us.

here is the one im talking about.
Mr.Beer - beer kits, home brewing systems, and microbrewery supplies - Beer Kits
oh ya ive seen thoughs too. forgot about those
Might have to drive up there and buy a case from ya! :p

Extremely interested in the outcome. In for updates. Might eventually try something like this..
haha, where in austin are you? deffenitly start a brew up. its a lot of fun!
sounds like ur on ur way to making some good brew let me know how that comes out
for sure.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have a punmpkin ale that me and staypuff made a while back that is sitting in my closest that im about to keg up for new years. should be tasty. ill have some pics up when i put it in the keg

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
i have a punmpkin ale that me and staypuff made a while back that is sitting in my closest that im about to keg up for new years. should be tasty. ill have some pics up when i put it in the keg
Most def son, i'm excited for this batch. You're probably gonna have to bottle some and come up to my place, I sold my car yesterday so I have no wheels :(

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im going to bottle it. im saving up all my bottles right now, should be about 55 12oz bottles. im in no rush to have this finished. id rather wait and have it done right than drink an effy beer lol. im gonna have a small party at my place once it's done. oh and once i adding the priming/carbonation sugar and bottle it i have to store the bottles in a cool dark place for 3weeks.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
I've been doing this recently as well. Just bottled up my second batch which I will dub "weird ass wheat experiment #1". I hope it turns out well. Next on the list is a Pale Ale and a BIG double red or something like that.

·
El Noob
98 Civic EX/ 86 MR2
2,794 Posts
Im drunk but wiz youz dunno wtf your doing!!!! HHhHhhAHAHAHAHA,,, -_-... HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYBODY!!!!!

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AHHH HAHHA drunk ass! you dont knows me foool! lol im plastered and high lol. fml! hey you wanna make some money? i need you to do some body work on my 97 vw golf gl. i wrecked it tonight in a ditch :( *not drunk* im trying to find parts: hood fender, headlights oem maybe, driver side fender, pop some dents out, and some touch up paint. ill post some pics tomorrow wen its bright outside.

·
Registered
56 Posts
my beer came out good and it only took me like 3 weeks to make and its done right. i think you should learn how to keg. its not that hard and you have ready to drink beer in just a couple extra days instead of having to wait 3 exrta weeks. plus you need to get a condtioning bucket for better taste. trust me you will learn through ttrail and error. i just had someone that knew what they were doing to guide me along. my pops

1 - 20 of 145 Posts