i want the one with the most performance
i know the zc and the a6 are the same except the cam
so if just the cam bumps me up from 108(a6) to 118(zc) thats awsome
but does anybody think that the web cam will give me the same amount of power

p.s. i never go past 6800

·
Registered
934 Posts
zc is a high revving motor, dont expect any outstanding performance cutting off at 6800. ZC rev limit stock I believe is at 7500rpm. have you looked at exospeed's cams?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where it rev-limits and where it makes max hp are two different things i can get eather for $100 right now so i was wondering on these two cams only

i would like to se proff or a link of this eledged 7500 stock sohc zc rev-limiter
the only odb0 ecu to go that high is a interga pg7
pm6(a6) revlimiter=6800

·
Registered
643 Posts
sohcbuilder said:
i can get a webcam
here are the specs.
grind number: 115/273
valve lift: .376/.370
duration
in degrees: 240/230

or i can get a stock
jdm sohc ZC cam
witch would be better???????
If you're not planning on any other upgrades I'd go with an EXOSPEED SR909
Good idle and a really good increase in power

If you wanna mess with the head, get a Good narrowed 3 angle valve job, mill and mild porting along with Valvesprings then go with the RACE A6
I like the Race A6 but I feel it's true potential will not be achieved unless all these things work with it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is just between these two cams. these are the only two cams i have to chose from for $100

·
Registered
934 Posts
err I made a correction, the rev limit is 7200rpm. Much more than the PM6. how much power would the webcam give you versus the sohc ZC? Thats where you decide depending on your setup.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have an RM cam with ISKY valvetrain.
i'd say 2K and up past 8K is pulls very strong.
you can find the specs at rocket's site
stan

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
This Is A Comparison Between The Stock Jdm Sohc Zc Cam, And The Web Cam Nothing Else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Not Tring To Be A Dick Just Saying These Two Cams Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APEX001- i have i/h/e just wanted to know the most bang for the buck, or if any body knows the specs on the zc cam? or if anybody has used eather

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sohcbuilder said:
This Is A Comparison Between The Stock Jdm Sohc Zc Cam, And The Web Cam Nothing Else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Not Tring To Be A Dick Just Saying These Two Cams Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APEX001- i have i/h/e just wanted to know the most bang for the buck, or if any body knows the specs on the zc cam? or if anybody has used eather
relax, a cam is a cam, provided they have the same specs.
you can draw educated conclusions from people's experience and their hardware despite the fact that the specs are not the same.
stan

·
Registered
320 Posts
I use to run that Web cam. It idled good and had lots of power from 4000-7500 rpms, without sacrificing low end at all. It's definitely better than a sohc zc cam for sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts