Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got some Wiseco Pistons for a d16z6 75.5mm

I bought Eagle rods and the guy sent them to me with the pistons on it.
I decided (and bought)to go with Vitara's, but i'm not sure.

1 Sleeve of the block from the guy where a bought the Eagles from was cracked. So 1 piston was in a cracked cylinder.

Is it possible to use them in my new setup?
I will post some pictures later.

thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the same but wasn't sure.

I couln't find yet which piston was from the cracked cylinder.
I will post some detail pictures later.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Measure them, or have them measured and checked for any deformation. If there isn't any to be found, rock on with them. Wiseco>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vitaras. If it is fine, use the Wisecos. Heck, even if that one isn't fine, sell the vitaras and get one more Wiseco new. Then rock on.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Measure them, or have them measured and checked for any deformation. If there isn't any to be found, rock on with them. Wiseco>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vitaras. If it is fine, use the Wisecos. Heck, even if that one isn't fine, sell the vitaras and get one more Wiseco new. Then rock on.
A classmate and me thought the same. I will measure them tonight maybe is one of them oval.

if that one is ok i only have to buy some new rings

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would also have someone check the wrist pins too just a thought. Any good machinist should be able to help u out for dam near nothing.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
They all should be slightly oval.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Check for signs of scuffing, or rocking in the bores or signs of hydraulic lock if water got in through the crack.

Hydraulic lock will show up as damage around the pin boss or on the pin itself and maybe a slightly depressed crown.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts