·
Registered
Eg Sedan
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen a setup involving the following:
Y8 head delta 272-2
supertech springs/retainers
z6/y7/y8 sleeved block with wiseco 10:1 flat top pistons/eagle rods and boost on e85.
How would one go about finding the power this setup could make? Obviously other than when it blows..

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,451 Posts
You can guess, but good for 500 whp or more before the block splits apart.

375 whp with a crappy sized turbo on stock sleeves, Y5 block, stock cam.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
i thought we weren't going to have any more 'how much will my imaginary build make' threads :bash:

·
Registered
Eg Sedan
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Not an imaginary build thread. Notify me if there was a similar build out there is all, because I personally haven't been able to find one. Thanks for your help any way.

Bone pretty much answered the question any how as of when the block would split.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
You can guess, but good for 500 whp or more before the block splits apart.

375 whp with a crappy sized turbo on stock sleeves, Y5 block, stock cam.
I am still under the impression that the y8 block will not split as easy as the z6 block. The coolant drain is in a better, less stressful place, but also the bosses in the y8 are shorter than the z6, making them even farther from the drain plug. Eh?

·
Registered
Eg Sedan
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What you say does make sense. Though I wish this thread wasn't moved to the noob section. Maybe we can still get a few decent conclusions though.

500 is just a number I would like to see, not out for a 1/4 et. 10s would be nice though :)

Right now my y7 block is being assembled with an a6 crank with vitara/eagle setup. Hoping to make 350 with it and the head as detailed in OP.

So would it be more beneficial to sleeve a y7/y8 block than a z6 block? Hmm

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
What you say does make sense. Though I wish this thread wasn't moved to the noob section. Maybe we can still get a few decent conclusions though.

500 is just a number I would like to see, not out for a 1/4 et. 10s would be nice though :)

Right now my y7 block is being assembled with an a6 crank with vitara/eagle setup. Hoping to make 350 with it and the head as detailed in OP.

So would it be more beneficial to sleeve a y7/y8 block than a z6 block? Hmm
What head? Obd1?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
Eg Sedan
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Y8 I think. I have both, the z6 head already has the cam/springs/retainers in it. Not sure which to go with. Was thinking y8 for the quench.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts