Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Civic Coupe Ex
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a code 10 CEL for IAT. I searched on how to check the sensor and read to look for voltage to it @ 4.5v It also said it had 2 wires going to it. Here is my question my IAT has one red wire into it and no other wires. (See attachments) I cant read any voltage to that wire, but I think my voltage reader is junk. Any way I will check that and the sensor hopefully tomorrow but I wanted to confirm the wiring was correct. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
That's your knock sensor plug. The iat plug is a black 2 wire plug and is in the intake tube.

·
Registered
1997 Civic Coupe Ex
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Obd1 motors don't have knock sensors unless it's a gsr. If your using the obd2 ecu you will need to hook up the knock sensor, bypass the crank sensor and use both O2 sensors.

You can use an obd2 iat and it will be plug and play or use the obd1 iat but you will need to splice the obd1 iat plug on to the obd2 harness.

·
Registered
1997 Civic Coupe Ex
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Obd1 motors don't have knock sensors unless it's a gsr. If your using the obd2 ecu you will need to hook up the knock sensor, bypass the crank sensor and use both O2 sensors.

You can use an obd2 iat and it will be plug and play or use the obd1 iat but you will need to splice the obd1 iat plug on to the obd2 harness.
I am using an OBD1 P08 ECU with an OBD2 to OBD1 conversion harness. I already had the OBD2 Plugged in for sh*ts and giggles but the code is still up. I think I'm going the pick up and OBD1 plug and chop off the OBD2 plug and put this one in its place. That would work fine if I am thinking correctly?

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
I am using an OBD1 P08 ECU with an OBD2 to OBD1 conversion harness. I already had the OBD2 Plugged in for sh*ts and giggles but the code is still up. I think I'm going the pick up and OBD1 plug and chop off the OBD2 plug and put this one in its place. That would work fine if I am thinking correctly?
What?

Your intake air temp sensor is hook up right but your still getting a code for it?

Are you sure you don't have the evap purge plug up in its place? alot of people have melted there it buy mixing up these plugs

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I doubt there is something wrong with your conversion harness unless it looks like this

·
Registered
1997 Civic Coupe Ex
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What?

Your intake air temp sensor is hook up right but your still getting a code for it?

Are you sure you don't have the evap purge plug up in its place? alot of people have melted there it buy mixing up these plugs
Do you have the wire colors for the EVAP purge and the IAT for the 97 obd2 harness? Off the top of my head it was yellow and green.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Iat wire colors should be red/yellow and green/black.

Evap is red or red/yellow and black/yellow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts