Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
HONDA
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so pulled my motor out my car to make room for its ...well .... replacement. but more like the motor thats ment to be in the car is going back in...

any way moving along... been looking at my engine bay and was thinking... wire tuck... so i got a chance to start on it tonight...
and ran into some problems

problem 1....

these 2 wires where grounded on the thermostat housing. so as far as i know i just need to ground them some where else and i can move the no problems?

problem 2 ...
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

as far as i can tell these are also ground wires but i dont see where they get ground? only place i can see is from the ecu.

problem 3 ... the intake temp sensor is blue/yellow and yellow/black(ground i think which runs to the connection above. and the blue to anothe conector... this wire is causing a problem can i cut it and join it in on the same conector.

err hard to explain....see below...
left is how it is right is how i want it to be.... as far as i can till there will be no problems doing it this way

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
Ok, ill try and help you the best i can.

The brown wires are your sensor grounds you can still tuck and leave them hooked up where they are on the therm housing. The yellows that go to the plug are sensor power, the plug is for diagnostic purposes and can be removed, Best thing to do will be to get a multimeter with a diode test, or continuity check function that will beep when the 2 leads are connected.

Find out what all wires are connected and label them with a number written on tape. Then you can disassemble/untangle the harness and shorten/lengthen as necessary and will be able to reconnect when ready

·
Registered
HONDA
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay so i can move the brown wires and ground them else where? which is what i want to do.

all the black/yellow come from the injector, then the one from air temp sensore on the manifold. and the last one is a little one that connects to pic is problem 2 with a connector with a lot of wires going to speedo sensor etc. i jus want to know if i can splice it in to that wire before the connector.

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
I would keep the brown wires mounted to the therm housing but extend wires as needed.

Changing the length of the wires dramatically could affect your sensor readings

Also the plug with all the yellow wires is just a junction (it gives all your sensors and injectors +5v) so you can cut the plug off but i recommend keeping the wires soldered to each other close to where the plug was.

·
Registered
HONDA
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would keep the brown wires mounted to the therm housing but extend wires as needed.
hmmm ya ok.... ill just extend them then.

okay cool so thats just a +5v over the black nd yellow so extending the one and splicing into it would be a problem. ill take photos of what i have done just to confirm before trying to start any thing.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

+

=

my solution to all wiring issues

1 - 9 of 9 Posts