Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WEll heres the lack of progress.......reverse progress well today i am still trying to figure out why my fuel pump wont start when the key goes into II and it doesnt even do it when it goes into III so as im trying to figure it out i try to start it and it goes click and nothing happens so no ihave no power to anything no gauge cluster lights nothin i checkd it for power and the battery has it but its not getting to anywhere so to am i to assume that my positive and fuse box wire is bad i looked at it and it looked fine so i cant figure out the problem and this is starting to make me aggrivated also what would cause the fuel pump not to come on when the key goes into III? and i checked all the wires that are supposed to get power at the different stages of key rotation and they are all fine but the realy wasnt sending power to the pump at the time oh and i checked that the pump is good so i am completly stumped
oh yeah i forgot to mention that i checked all the fuses and i mean alll like interior fuse box and exterior so im stumped and at a loss for words ...im about to go fix it with a hammer lol

O is when the key is inserted
I is one click forward accesories are turned on
II is accessories and fuel pump
III is start

any ideas will be helpful

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
yeah, check the main relay, the ground on the body, and the wiring harness ground at the thermostat housing.............

·
Registered
449 Posts
You sure your battery has enough juice?
Reason I ask is because you are describing what exactly has happened to me.
Turn the key ... click... click. click, nothing.
Battery has juice, but nothing. Take it to advance or whatever and they told me it has a little juice but not enough to do anything with, and it could not be recharged.
Note, Optima Yellow tops die randomly, especially in Honda's. (Happend twice to me, they guys at advance told me they do this for whatever reason)
Anyways get a good/new battery to make sure, you never know.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok heres the full rundown of what i checked well my main realy i purchased another one because of this grounds on thermostat housing... ill check tonight and my batt is getting enough juice for 4 cars..... had jumper cables to another vehicle .....the battery has plenty of juice just i get nothing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts