Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well iv decided since im pretty much gutting the car an swapping out the y8 for b18 turbo, that i wanna do a custom panel for a push start button an switches and eliminate the key. my issue is im not good with wiring or reading the electrical diagram of the car, its an 89 civic sedan and plan is for switch for each accessory and for the ignition plus the button for the starter but am confused on what would go where.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Besides the push start and ignition switch what else will you be using?

·
Registered
Integra DB9
445 Posts
This worked on a 2.5V6 Mitsubishi I had.

Find the wire from the starter relay to the ignition switch. Route it instead to your new push-button. Connect the other side of the push button to the battery live terminal (+) - better if via a fuse (5A should be OK, but others might confirm this?).

You shouldn't need to cut anything else and it should work once the ignition switch is ON sufficiently to get the dash lights up.

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
974 Posts
I had been thinking about doing something similar to my car. I was going to set it up so that the button would replace the ignition barrel (in the same position and cutout in the steering column plastics.

I was planning to wire it so that first touch is IGN-1, second touch is IGN-2, third is off. Also, one touch at any point with the brake switch activated would trigger the start condition.

I didn't like the idea of having kill switches tho, and didn't want to deal with alarms (just pulled one out) so i turfed the idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts