Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheers all and thanks for looking,
I have a 96lx, four door, with power windows and about 6 months ago the rear driver window woudn't go up and down. Then about a month later the rear passenger side started doing the same thing. Now none of the windows go up or down.

Every window regulator is fine and none of them are off track or anything just no power getting to them. No it's not a fuse i'm not that lucky So today I took the drivers door off to get a closer look and found 6 wires to be fatiged almost to the point of breaking and one of the grounds on the bottom was completey sliced/broke. The four wires that go across the top of the harness were completely de-pined I guess you could call it.

My plan is to find one a the junk yard and cut it as long as I can and splice all 25 or so wires back into their spot. Does anyone know if 5th gen's or maybe like an 01-02 would be the same. Has any of you guys had this same problem i'd love some input or if you just want to show sympathy.

Thanks guys,
Chris

EDIT: Also does anyone know if the colors are different between the different years?

And I need to buy the wire ends and tool to re-pin where is a good place to guy those?

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
same thing happened to my buddys 2 door. he basically had to cut the wires and resolder them.

·
Registered
honda civic eg
247 Posts
no clue. my wiring was about that bad under my dash when i got my car. i had to cut and resoder everything i could. it was ridiculous.

good luck man.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
someone is parting out a 97 4 door. see if they can send you the door harnesses and everything under the panel?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts