Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all hello, I know i am new here but i have already tried searching with no results.

Problem i am having is i have a y8 swap in my LX, with EX harness. Now i didnt have a secondary o2 sensor wire so i had to hardwire it in. Now every couple of days the cel will throw the o2 light on. Does anyone know how to get rid of it for good? I need it to stay off so i can pass smog. I clear it by unplugging the ECU but it comes back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
let me correct that. Im using the EX harness but the the secondary o2 sensor is in the cabin harness on an EX which i dont have. so i had to wire the 02 sensor in. and yea im using a 4 wire o2 sensor

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're OBD2 it may be the secondary O2 sensor giving you the problem.
yea thats the one i wired in. it works fine for a few days, but then the light will come back on.

Has anyone had to wire this in before? does it matter what gauge wire i use maybe?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
it is wired directly into the ECU.

Not sure how to tell if the cat would be bad and no it wasnt the first o2 sensor. Ill have to get the code tomorrow when i can get a scan tool. i just remember it was something to do with the secondary o2 sensor cause it was missing when i got the car. then wired it in and the light went off for 2 days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts