Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at cleaning up my engine bay a bit by ordering one of those Rywire harnesses... I'm not the most handy when it comes to this stuff but I'm just wondering how involved of a process is it? Whats all involved? Is it pretty much plug and play for the most part? Take out the old harness and plug in the new? Are there any write ups on this? I've done some searching and came up with people asking about specific problems, or doing completely custom jobs... Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
984 Posts
yea thats why you pay for rywire. so you dont have to do anything.

pull old harness out. put new harness in. possibly send old harness back cuz they may require a core idk lol.

i think on his site you say specifically what car and engine is being used also if ac and any other add ons are used then they make you the harness. i think. i havnet been on his site in a wile.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Tucking is actually very easy, just a little time consuming. Start by tucking your head light looms. Requires a little cutting a little soldering and some extra wire, start on the engine bay. The main harness in the bay on requires i think 3 wires to be lengthened.

GLOP

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right on. Seems pretty manageable. Nothing I haven't really done before... Just never done this. I may spring for the Rywire harness. I'll gladly pay for the convienience and peace of mind. I sent them an email asking a bunch of questions but I'm sure they are really busy...

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Right on. Seems pretty manageable. Nothing I haven't really done before... Just never done this. I may spring for the Rywire harness. I'll gladly pay for the convienience and peace of mind. I sent them an email asking a bunch of questions but I'm sure they are really busy...
It seems that my piece of mind comes from knowing I did it all, and there are no flaws. Plus you are able to run the wires where ever YOU want. Again its head light looms, you can do one side at a time, on a Saturday, and it takes maybe an hour or 1.5 to complete each side, depending on your skill. Then take a Sunday and do the main harness. Its more intimidating than it should be.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
984 Posts
may check out 2jzdreamin on here he does wire tucks and stuff.

really cool guy and stuff. hes who im going to have tuck my harness probably.

i did my own one time and it think it was more of a pita then what its worth. but i like the look so i want my next one done but i dont want to do it lol.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at his stuff... He requires a core. My car is located 3 hours from where I currently live and I travel all the time for work so that is just not an option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts