Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey

im in the process of doing a wire tuck on my 98 civic lx. i was searching online and everyone says to run the headlight harnesses into the car and then around the fender (see pic)

my question is, where does the main harness connector end up? by this i mean the large grey connector that carries to your interior

also, which holes do you guys use for running these wires? does it affect the structural integrity of the car to enlarge/add holes?

thanks!

edit:

here is a more clear pic, im wondering where the female connector (attached to the vehicle, not the engine) gets routed to

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
i ran it on the inside of the car. both pass and drivers plugs were in the center behind the motor. the headlight harnesses i cut the the plugs, labeled the wires for plugs, extended them the wires, ran them through the frame rails under the fenders and soldered the plugs back on. i'll try and get a pic of the last bay i did...

its the cleanest way IMO, but you have to take the dash out.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im planning on buying a rywire harness and i was wondering where the best place would be to put that connector, in the fender or inside the car?

right now i have the wires poking through the hole that connects the car body to the door.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Here is how mine is run on my EG. It's ran the same way on the drivers side but can't find the pic.

Don't now if it will help ya at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts