Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my original block in my car was a d16a6 and it didnt have the oil pressure sensor on it like so..

and my new block does have one but it doesnt have the other sensor like so

now there are 2 wires hangin that would go to the block but they cant now cuz theres no sensor there...

but my oil light doesnt come on n and my vtec in first gear comes in then 2 seconds later shuts off....then just doesnt come on for the rest of the gears....and then i got 2 other wires dangling n idk wtf they're for..

so how do i connect the oil pressure switch so the computer reads oil pressure so my vtec stays enguaged?? and what is the other sensor and is it necissary? btw im running a pr3 b16 ecu....the only code thats being thrown is the knock sensor but that dont matter.....

·
Registered
510 Posts
That two wire plug is your fan switch. You'll have to find out where the fan switch on the D15b7 is and connect it.

The oil pressure switch is on your vtec solenoid (the little thing with the green plug above your thermostat). Did you remove the oil control jet from your B7 block? I'm assuming you did a mini me because the B7 doesn't have vtec.

No idea on that extra plug but you can look it up in the back of the helms.

If I were you I would be using a P28 ecu to get the correct fuel/timing maps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so what is the single prong sensor on the back of my block?
i did take out the jet
and the vtec oil sensor is wired to the pr3 ecu....the fan switch is on my thermostat housing....so the fan n everything works but im just confused with what is supposed to plug into that single prong switch....and on the b7 there is no spot for the dual prong switch......so i only have the oil pressure sensor on the back of the block that i need to know about.....for the record the engine is in a 89 si.....n i think p28 is obd1.....one other thing though.....when the a6 was in my car the oil light would come on if i connected the 2 prong switch wrong......so i think that the 2 wires might have something to do with oil.....but the sensor goes to coolant...but i dont have a sensor onn the b7 block....such confusing shyt hah....

·
Registered
510 Posts
so what is the single prong sensor on the back of my block?.
The 1p connector is the oil pressure warning light.

The 2p connector is the fan switch and you can put the two pins on either direction, it will still work.

If I were you I would get an oil pressure gauge so you can see if you're actually loosing oil pressure. Oil pressure is kind of important to the life of your engine.

I think you're loosing pressure because if your oil pressure is low it will also cause your vtec not to work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
idk cuz i juss went out n connected the 2 wires together and the oil light came on...n im sure it should have enough pressure....i checked the oil pump be4 i put the engine in the car n the clearences were fine....maby i should use thicker oil? i got 10w30 in now.....but imean i feel the little kick when the vtec comes one then drastic drop when it shuts off.....idk...its confusing....but the fan switch is already connected so i dont see how that would be it though....not sayin ur wrong but it was an obvious thing i noticed when i was doin trial n error with the sensors....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not until i drive for bout 10 min and knock sensor comes up...but that doesnt matter cuz it wouldnt make the vtec pop in n out quickly and or not work....my boy is running a turbo gsr w/o a knock sensor and vtec cracks all day

·
Registered
510 Posts
not until i drive for bout 10 min and knock sensor comes up...but that doesnt matter cuz it wouldnt make the vtec pop in n out quickly and or not work....my boy is running a turbo gsr w/o a knock sensor and vtec cracks all day
If you are correct and I were you I would do the vtec troubleshooting from the helms.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
arrite...where do i find that online cuz i dont have a book of it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts