Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 civic si
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched through the my honda manual and couldnt identify what these 2 wires are supposed to go to.. but this is what found yesterday.. Passanger side rear taillight area. and this is on a 90 civic si

Got it unwrapped and found the usually shitty wiring down by previous owner..

The 2 wires connect to a piece of speaker wire which both lead to this

just wondering what it is supposed to go to ..

the orange white goes to that plug which connects to something..(idk what)

and the read and white i have no clue

thanks

·
Registered
765 Posts
I know it's running all the way back to the tailights but for 90 civics, red/yellow is right rear speaker positive and brown/white is right rear speaker negative.

Probably did a shitty stereo install and this was how the dude before you was running a sub amp.

Is that an inline capacitor I see in part of the picture?

·
Registered
765 Posts
it maybe a capacitor i am not much for stereo junk lol.. well that solves having to run wires to my rear speaker pods thanks guys
Probably running the capacitor to block out the lower frequencies.

Just to make sure, do check those wires for any type of voltage at all. Just because I or someone else says they are speaker wires doesn't mean we can't be wrong. If I was there I would still want to make sure that they were for rear speakers. I sure don't want to see you fry something. Always better to be on the safe side when it comes to electrical stuff!

Good luck!

·
Registered
90 civic si
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably running the capacitor to block out the lower frequencies.

Just to make sure, do check those wires for any type of voltage at all. Just because I or someone else says they are speaker wires doesn't mean we can't be wrong. If I was there I would still want to make sure that they were for rear speakers. I sure don't want to see you fry something. Always better to be on the safe side when it comes to electrical stuff!

Good luck!
very true.. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts