Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very new here. And the '94 Civic LX I just got is very new to me too. What's even newer is my current foray into auto-mobile maintenance. I picked up the car for $300, the plan is to clean in up, tune it up, and mod it (a little bit).

Here's what I found yesterday. I wire that leads to no where. The disconnected end was tucked under one of the rad hoses. I have swung the lose end around the engine compartment to see if there's a place that it was hooked up to. I can't find it's home. Please help me. :screwy:

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
That wire is a ground wire that goes to the valve cover.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
A big rubber belt moving through a small volume of air very quickly . . .

What happens when you rub your feet (covered with socks) on a rug?

ZAP!

Think about those things and why you might need a ground on your valve cover.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beaver, when you put it like that it become very obvious why its necessary. Now I know. Thanks.

This isn't the only bolt that is missing... One of the top bolts on the passenger side rad is gone. One of the bolts that hold the distributor is gone. Glad I'm going through this process. Will feel better about driving it, knowing that its not going to fall apart at any moment.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Beaver, when you put it like that it become very obvious why its necessary. Now I know. Thanks.

This isn't the only bolt that is missing... One of the top bolts on the passenger side rad is gone. One of the bolts that hold the distributor is gone. Glad I'm going through this process. Will feel better about driving it, knowing that its not going to fall apart at any moment.
yea my car was missing alot of mouting bolts. and rad holder was gone.
But yea finish going over everything and check the tstat. someone removed mines and i didnt know tell the car overheated one day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts