Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure some of you are wondering this, so I guess I'll be the spokesperson. I'm going to be storing my car, and I won't have the time to get it out and drive it everyweek, so I was thinking of keeping it in the garage the whole winter. Question is, what fluids do i have to drain, and what ones are safe to keep in the motor/car? Anything else i need to watch out for? Cause i'd really like to touch up all the scratches, and slowly start on the turbo project. any suggestions or ideas?

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, that's true. i forgot about that. i'm going to drain the pan anyways. good point. but you think everything else should be okay?

J

·
0 Posts
leave your oil cap sitting on some paper towels/platic on your seat so you don't make the horrible mistake of starting it before it's got oil! :)

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha, good point! thanks rexinre, i'll remember to do that. i figure i'll do that before i start her back up (turbofied ;)) in the spring.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
next to my bed...that thing is going in my bed! i'm going to sleep on the floor ;)

I

·
0 Posts
My car sat for ayear while I was in Korea, 9 months while I was in Kuwait, and 6 months while I was in Bosnia. All I ever did was unhook the battery, and top every fluid off.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
exactly what i was thinking ^. I figured I'd put her up on jacks, take off the front bumper, and get ready to get my hands dirty :D

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that also reminds me: (sorry, this is kinda off topic, and i'm jacking my own thread but...) do you guys buff your own rotors and drums? I noticed rust spots on my rotors, and i'm thinking of buffing them while my car is on jacks anyways. how would i go about this?

H

·
0 Posts
mine sat for 6 months then i started it and it was tapping for a few min then it started runnin fine i guess it did that cause all the liquids had settled or something cause my sisters 04 civic did the same.But it is all good now..

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Sonny7730 said:
I noticed rust spots on my rotors, and i'm thinking of buffing them while my car is on jacks anyways. how would i go about this?
fuck some rust spots...as soon as you brake next time you drive say "bye bye" they should scrape right off...mine do this every time i wash my car...i personally wouldnt worry about it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts