Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i'v been doing some reasearch over the past 2 months or so and this is what i came up with for the most economical and best way to build a car. currently i have a 95 ex coupe turbo, im only running about 4-5 psi with an unbuilt d16 450cc injectors walbro 255 chrome and apexi vtec controller. im getting around 180-190 whp on a good day. my goal is 300-350 whp. this is what i came up with for the motor. vitara pistons, eagle forged i beam rods, stock crank(i was told they were forged stock, correct me if im wrong), d16 block, all new think head gasket all new gaskets, ported and polished d16 head dont know what cam i should get or if i should leave it stock(what do you think?) apr head studs, skunk 2 intake manifold, 450 cc dsm bluetops, this setup with 10-15 psi of boost comming from a t3/t4 50 trim turbo. and of course i would have to replace my axles and anything else that could break with more power haha. i wrote this basicaly to get an idea of what everyone think if this sounds like a good setup. what do you guys think?

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
the stock crank is good to go. i didnt know eagle made i beams? fjt has some good priced rods. and ones specially made for the vitara piston. will probably need larger than 450cc injectors for your power goal. you will prolly need atleast 15psi to get what you want out of the motor.

but it will work.

can you get 94oct at the pump?

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
for 300-350hp, you can leave your head stock, you will need bigger injectors then 450cc, also, if you know how to launch, there is no need to replace the axles. even with 500-600hp you dont have to

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ooh alright. how much more power would i bee looking at if i ported and polished the head and would that power gain be ok with the internals I'd be running?

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
porting and polishing the head is a 100 hp gain? thats rediculous haha

noooo lol, he was refering to the reliablity of vitaras recorded so far.

port and polishing the head, will increase spool time, let the engine breath a little better, maybe about 10-20hp, but the main purpose is when running a larger turbo, you want as much exhaust flow possible, and porting the head, makes it flow alot better which increases spool time, so your power is there faster, and makes it easier to reach your goal. but for 250-300hp, yeah you can do it, but IMO its a waste of money, because a stock head will flow well enough for your power goals

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
cam cam cam cam cam cam cam cam cam cam cam cam cam.

cam.

Port work can be expensive and isn't too hard to fuck up, I would sink what money you were going to use for the porting into a nice little turbo cam. The cam in the motor is designed for Honda's econo box motor. As soon as strap a hair dryer on the front of the engine, you drastically change the operating parameters of the motor. Put a cam in there that can take advantage of the larger volume of air that turbo is trying to cram down into the cylinders. That's where you will open up some power. 40-50hp from just a cam is common on a boosted motor.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm alright sweet thanks guys. so i'llprobably stick with the stock head and i guess i'll search up some turbo cams but does anyone have any good recomendations for any cams out there?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
noooo lol, he was refering to the reliablity of vitaras recorded so far.

port and polishing the head, will increase spool time, let the engine breath a little better, maybe about 10-20hp, but the main purpose is when running a larger turbo, you want as much exhaust flow possible, and porting the head, makes it flow alot better which increases spool time, so your power is there faster, and makes it easier to reach your goal. but for 250-300hp, yeah you can do it, but IMO its a waste of money, because a stock head will flow well enough for your power goals
i was guna say dammmm haha thats alot for a port job haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts