Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just looking for some opinions. I'm looking to buy a winter beater in the next couple weeks and wanted to know if you guys think this is worth $2500.

It's a 211k 1998 civic cx w/ d16y7 i/h/e, ls mesh wheels, h&r springs. Oh and it has a quarter size spot of rust on the hood an a crack in the front lower part of the bumper. The rear quarter needs a little color matching done since it recently had the quarter welded in for rust repair... But it's a winter beater so who cares right?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Looking around out there, fair market value is around $1900 - $2400, with rust repairs and such its really up to you if the price is right. Make sure the running gear is good, bushings, brakes, etc, check wiring for hack jobs etc. If it looks good go for it, but negotiate, respectfully.

- Remember I/H/E, and springs don't add to the value.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Yeah Id be hard pressed to pay that much for a civic ever again, unless its is perfect in on place, body, or drive train. I can fix one or the other but a total repair/hack job, nah, not for $2500.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
@ 200K miles I probably wouldn't pay more than a grand for it. But people seem to think their civics are made of gold. The market out here in the PNW is saturated with 150K+ mile civics in various states of (dis)repair that people want a mint for. I think the arguements are it get's decent MPG (somewhat harder to find these days), and it hasn't broken yet (so you know it's reliable) usually no mention of any wear parts being recently replaced.

Ultimately it's up to you if you want to pull the trigger on it, but at >200K there are most likely some bits that will need replacing.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
you're gonna let a GSR go for 1500 and buy that heap?

man, find a clean teg shell for a few hundred and swap everything over!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you're gonna let a GSR go for 1500 and buy that heap?

man, find a clean teg shell for a few hundred and swap everything over!
I hate rust... The teg has lots of it.

Anybody know of a car thats a better bang for the buck in the ny pa area?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I paid 1800 for my boosted sedan with almost no rust.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I backed out on the hatch and found this for $1,000 bucks. Way nicer on the pocket! I'll be replacing those horrible wheels with steelies/hubcaps and the nastiest winter treads I can find.

looks way better better than the first one. post more pics! got any plans for it or just gonna keep it stock?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts