Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car a couple weeks ago then got it back from the shop a week ago and have been working on some of the stuff the previous owner messed up. Both of my windows are off the tracks. Does anyone know how to get them back on the track so they roll up properly? Its not a big deal now because its winter and I live in Nebrasksa, but come summer with no a/c.... enough said
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
605 Posts
the way i got mine on was like so.
assuming door panels are off, what i did was i cranked the window up as much as i could keeping the the flat side which is the left side (driver side) flush in the track while the other side is off, once the windows is up as much as you can with out stress start cranking it down (while doing so with your hand you want to start guiding the lower right hand side into its track.

·
Registered
429 Posts
this may be a dumb question, but is it just off the track or is there a problem with the window regulator?

Either way, you have to take off the door panel, and it's much easier if you have a friend help you. one person to guide the window from inside the door, and another to guide it outside the door (if that makes sense)

·
Registered
CRX, Wrangler
397 Posts
I messed with both of mine for weeks and weeks and never got them right.

Eventually I ordered new regulator assemblies from Majestic Honda for $50.00 / each, and that solved the problem.

If the regulators are bent even a tiny bit, it will make the windows act like a nightmare. And trust me, if yours don't roll up and down, then they're bent.

-Des!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have crank windows. Also me and my friend are going to take the panel apart and check it out some time this week, thanks for the help and ill be sure to let you guys know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts