Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
Ms. Daisy
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to tint my windows but dont know if I should go DIY or pro install. Any differance? What are the pros and cons of each? If I go DIY whats the best kit?

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
where im at its like 150 and it has a 3 year warranty. cant beat that

·
Premium Member
Ms. Daisy
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought of that. Is it less likely that pro install will bubble or does all tint do that?

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
753 Posts
dont use amonia on (either metalized or non-metalized..i cant remember) tint or it will turn purple quick.

·
Premium Member
Ms. Daisy
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most tint will bubble or fade if you dont take care if it.
How do you take care of it? Sorry, the only vehicle Ive had w/tint was my Jeep and those windows are just a dark color plastic.

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
i had pro install done on my last car and my current car... the last car's tint lasted for about 5 years until it was wrecked... and it never bubbled..

$150 is about what i paid... and you cant beat that.... cause if they fuck up a window, and you point it out or they notice it, they pull it off and make another one... diy, thats more material you have to buy!

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
753 Posts
$150 is about what i paid... and you cant beat that.... cause if they fuck up a window, and you point it out or they notice it, they pull it off and make another one... diy, thats more material you have to buy!
x2

·
Registered
2004 Ram 5.7
1,013 Posts
clean the windows with a non abrasive soap and water solution. no acids in the soap. no ammonia as previously stated. I clean my windows with a damp chamois cloth without soap. It does the job without scratching and streak free.

·
Premium Member
Ms. Daisy
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where did you guys go? The only place we have locally is Ziebart but I could go to Buffalo or Erie and see whats up.

·
Premium Member
Ms. Daisy
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
obviously lol. nvm that question.

When a pro shop does the door windows do they usually take the window out of the door and do the whole window? Most ofthe shops in my area like to cut corners so I just wanna make sure they do it right when I get it done.

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
Theres a place here in orlando and they charge $130 with a lifetime warranty to never bubble, fade, or peel. And the use a machine that cuts the film for each specific vehicle.

EDIT: http://www.orlandoflyingwindowtinting.com/

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
they dont take the windows out.

i am painting the camaro and removed the back glass to deal with some rust, and i figured it would be a good time to tint. so i took it to tops and stripes and the head guy told me that he would much rather do it in the car.

·
Premium Member
Ms. Daisy
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
k. looks like its gonna be around $150-160 wether I stay in town or go to B-lo. So I'm gonna go check out ziebart in the morning. Should I bother getting my sunroof done or is that a waste? It doesnt really let much light in and I'm really more worried about theives seeing tempting items sitting in my car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts