Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Above
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so i just picked up a 96 civic ex. The driver side window will go up a little more than half way then it starts sounding like a machine gun and stops. I can pull the window up all the way but it just falls back down to a little over half way up. What would cause this. Its not getting blocked by anything is there a gear that could be worn?

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
dammit bones beat me to it....your plastic gears are stripped in the reg...

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
it is much easier to just replace the regulator

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
stripped regulator.
it is much easier to just replace the regulator
:werd: to the above ^^^^

Also, be sure when replacing the regulator you adjust your window run channels so there is very little play in the window. I've had a few '96-'00 Civics at work come in with windows that jump the tracks.

Some clear silicone spray in the run channels on a regular basis also keeps things moving smoothly and eases the load on the motor and regulator assembly :bigok:.

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
Which will fail first though???????

JUNKYARD it is!
Haha you beat me to it Bone :).

I don't like junkyard electrical parts for that exact reason. I bought a thermoswitch for my EG and it was a waste of money because within a year it went for a shit on me too. Picture me in my Civic, May 2-4 long weekend, Grand Bend, cruising the main strip with all the other modified cars and my temp gauge starts to rise steadily. It was already nice and warm outside (this was before May 2-4 long weekends got cold around here) so I had to crank the heat and drive in an oven the rest of the strip bumper-to-bumper at 5km/hr with all the other cars. Luckily the heater saved me because it wouldn't have made it without hitting the "H" mark :pinch:.

I ended up having to park the car for the night then drive straight home to buy a new one from Honda the following week :pinch:.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts