Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why the hell does my window keep slipping off the damn track. my pass. side window when ever it goes beyond 3/4 down it will slip outa the track and wont come all the way up. is it a bad regulator? act of god? shitty honda windows? i dont kno i have put it back on track about 40 times in the last year its really startin to piss me off. any help?

·
El Noob
98 Civic EX/ 86 MR2
2,794 Posts
Throw a brick at it. You'll never have that problem again.

But on a serious not..... I don't know lol. GL in fixing it. Seen a few cars with that problem. Just never seen them fixed.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
on my girlfriends car the driver's side window does that on occasion. that bolt that holds the track at the bottom of the door right by the speaker kept working its way out causing the track to wobble around.

have you tried tightening that?

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
I have a similar problem on my ED. The regulator's fucked I think because the window won't stay level as I'm rolling it up; I have to stop and keep pulling the one end up then crank a few more times. I just bought a new door since my ds is dented anyway.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Power or manual windows? I just replaced my pass. side power window motor and I can see how after a while things in there can get messed up.

·
I survived code 9
1998 Honda Civic DX
1,662 Posts
You're going to have to pull the door panel off and figure out where it's binding from.

It may take bending the track to make it easier for it to slide...

There are also two bolts that are ment for adjusting the window...one of them adjusts it left to right...I had to take the bolt out and snip the edges to get it to move one way so the window wasn't in such of a bind.

I was pissed when it happened to me...ON CHRISTMAS EVE IN 20 DEGREE WEATHER.

I spent my Christmas morning fixing that damn thing!

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they are power wondwos....i just get piswsed off when i have to pull the cover all the damn time.....im gonna see what a set of regulators will do to this prolem

·
Registered
Daily driver
430 Posts
I have that problem with my driver side. My regulator is screwed. The teeth got worn down. Also. Use some silicone based grease on the weather stripping on the inside of the door. It helps it not get caught. Every Civic I've ever owned had this problem whether power or manual. I think the Weather stripping is the culprit. When it gets humid or there has been a lot of moisture. It make that damn window stick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts