Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 WRX STi
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rant2:

Alright so yesterday when it was hotter than the devils toe nail my driver side rear window didnt want to go down and all the other windows did after i opened and closed my driver side door it worked...
Later on that day i was going to the store both passenger side windows went down but the drivers side didnt. so i went back home all the windows went up except rear passenger....

what i inspected so far was
1. fuses from fuse box underdash
2. fuse from engine comparment fuse box
3. relays
4. current test i get power from the switch but nothing happens
5. replaced the master switch still nothing
6. i hope its not all 4 window regulators...

any input?? its 1998 civic ex 4dr

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Check the plug in between the door and body for broken wires.

·
Registered
15 WRX STi
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the plug in between the door and body for broken wires.
i just checked the plug it was stupid loose and its broken which explains why it would work sometimes need to find that plug at junk yard and replace :TU:

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Most likely you will still have to do a little wiring on the new plug, i got 3 different plugs ( 2 96-98 plugs and 1 99-00 plug) and they were all slightly different with a few wires in different places. If you need a wiring diagram search for c556 and c557 pinout

This is how my plug on my coupe looked

·
Registered
15 WRX STi
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most likely you will still have to do a little wiring on the new plug, i got 3 different plugs ( 2 96-98 plugs and 1 99-00 plug) and they were all slightly different with a few wires in different places. If you need a wiring diagram search for c556 and c557 pinout

This is how my plug on my coupe looked
Thank you sir...and alright yea I was breaking my head with it plus it was about 101 degrees outside that day no bueno

1 - 6 of 6 Posts