Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 89 crx and i seem to have a problem. i put in a new window regulator and onstalled everythign but there is one main problem. for soem reason ever sinc ei baught my car the window sticks to the seat at the top. it sticks so hard that the glass comes loose from the plastic tab. i sprayed the seal with silicoen lube but it still sticks. is there anythign i can o? im thinking of going back to the junkyard and grab t he glass that was on the crx that the regulator came off of and just never close the window real deep to where it sticks.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,261 Posts
i want some pics!

sounds like the (seal/glue/sticky stuff) that holds the seal on the door/window part together has gotten old or ripped off,
I've replaced the seal (that I believe your talking about) all the way around the window,
its probably easier then messing with windows or trying to repair the trim

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i think i solved the problem. i kept forcing the window into the seal so it would stay lined up as the plastic weld dried. this time i put a deck of plying cards at teh top of the window so it doesnt get stuck in the seal. the windows moves in the guides fine it just gets stuck real tight in the seal at the top. from n ow on im just not going to force it in when i close the window. the stuff that i used is called versa chem plastic weld the bottom notes that teh color is cream. through trial and error i thsi is the best stuff to use cause its real thick and stays in place when you apply it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts