Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
you mean if you hold the switch to go down it stops but if you let go it rolls up? guarantee its the door wireing, pull your fender and look at the plug.

this was my plug, the wires end up pulling out of the pigtail then sometimes contact other wires and cause your problem.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
If the problem is as wrote dear god...

The Civic prior to 2001 didn't have limit switches so they will run till you let go of the switch

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
ya i had my 96 hx wire harness mess up (pic above) and it was always rolling up so i couldnt roll the window down because it would just cancel out the up

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok let me rephrase the problem. The window rolls up and down just fine. When the window is all the way up if I keep holding the switch the window kind of jumps up a half inch and down like the gears are slipping if that makes any sense. Before the window would just stop at the top of travel.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
Ok let me rephrase the problem. The window rolls up and down just fine. When the window is all the way up if I keep holding the switch the window kind of jumps up a half inch and down like the gears are slipping if that makes any sense. Before the window would just stop at the top of travel.
Bad regulator, aka stripped gears, common Honda issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts