Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like the title say, my drain plug stripped out so i aquirred and oil pan from a z6 motor, and mine is an a6 non vtec motor, so will everything or do i need to modify anything like the oil pick up, and how mcuh oil will i have to use now?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you man an oil pressure guage to make sure its not scavaging for oil? how much does a pick up for a z6 usually run? and how many qts of oil will i have to use now? thanks for yalls help.

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
should be 4 quarts. and the pickups arnt that hard to find

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kewl but the finding em part is kicking my ass actually ive been all over google and call all my auto parts stores around here and none of them have em. this suck lol

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you want thats kewl with me, but i paid 50 dollars for it, thought i may have paid to much but wasnt sure, what do you think? its in great shape.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
I pulled a z6 pan off a junker motor and compared it to my a6 when I first bought the car because it had tagged a curb or something and f'd the pan up. the pans looked the same side by side. I just bolted the z6 pan on my a6 and it's been working great for over a year.

Am I wrong about the pans being the same? Am I f'ing up something on mine now?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
they are different depths, hence the different pickups.

A6

15220-PM3-000 STRAINER, OIL
11200-PM3-020 PAN, OIL

Z6

15220-P08-305 STRAINER, OIL
11200-P08-020 PAN, OIL

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
they are different depths, hence the different pickups.

A6

15220-PM3-000 STRAINER, OIL
11200-PM3-020 PAN, OIL

Z6

15220-P08-305 STRAINER, OIL
11200-P08-020 PAN, OIL
yeah but so are the Y7 and Z6 belts, have diff part numbers. same ammount of teeth.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the pans are definatly different, i finally pulled mine off tonight, and the was tons of golds flakes in it, i mean literally 100's of little gold flakes, what the hell is that? also for the piece of this metal shaped like its part of an piston ring, but i seriously doubt thats it, and the weird part is it runs really well.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey spoolinsol, you still need that oil pan man, i think i can just tap mine and put a new plug in it and ill be straight.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts